PDA

View Full Version : bros 06 YFZ oil/starting problems (ino...its a yami)

maxamillion
08-12-2006, 06:35 PM
My bros 06 has been sitting for about a month because it wont start. Im tired of looking at it standing still and Im trying to get it going so he can ride again.

It will turn over but will not fire. We pull started it behind a truck and it would turn over but as soon as I pulled in the clutch it would die. So really it didnt even try to idle on its own and would not respond at all when I tried to blip the throttle. Here is the weird thing, I checked the oil level when the motor was cold and it didnt even show on the dipstick. When we got done trying to pull start it (the motor was hardly warm), I pulled the dipstick and oil came rushing out of the oil tank. That cant be normal, anyone ever heard of this?

We cleaned the plug (which has low hours), checked air filter, adjusted idle knob, played w/ choke, charged the battery, tryed pull starting it...and so on. Basically the only thing I havent done is clean the carb, which I did 2 months ago.

Please let me know what you guys think. -Max

bansheexcracer2
08-12-2006, 11:54 PM
Clean the carb, check the spark to make sure it is strong enough, and check the timming to make sure it didnt get knocked off some how. If all else fails take it to a shop or get a honda 450.

predator dad
08-13-2006, 04:04 AM
This might sound stupid, but make sure the fuel is turned on. It sounds like what happens when the fuel is turned off.

bansheexcracer2
08-13-2006, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by predator dad
This might sound stupid, but make sure the fuel is turned on. It sounds like what happens when the fuel is turned off.

That ^ and chech the petcock for clogs and the tank for dirt. the main fuel line. Check the wireing to see if maby mice could have chewed through it.

firefighterjosh
08-14-2006, 02:04 AM
Burn It:devil: Is your Oil Filter installed correctly? If not that might be making the oil pump into the Oil resivore and not back out? Just a thought;)