PDA

View Full Version : just looking for some input

jd450
08-12-2006, 04:55 PM
just a question, but im THINKING about selling my yfz (an '04). how are most people about NOT getting the title? i still owe like $4300 on it, and im going to sell it for $3000. but i was thinking about taking a loan out from the bank for the amout that i OWE and paying off the quad and getting the title. but i dont think im going to go through all that if most people wouldnt have a problem buying it and waiting a few months for me to pay the rest off and get the title. so my question....

would most people have a big problem w/ NOT having the title in hand right off the bat?

and is $3000 a bad price? i have gyt-r exhaust, header, cdi, jetkit, highflow filter/pre-filter, gibson 4pt subframe, still in box front and rear plastics. needs tires, and thats about it

honest answers, but no b.s.

thanks in advance. i am thinking about selling the quad possibly w/in the next few months

400eXr1d3rZ
08-12-2006, 05:20 PM
I bet you could get about 3500-4000 for it.

jd450
08-12-2006, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by 400eXr1d3rZ
I bet you could get about 3500-4000 for it.

well i did some looking around on this forum and saw '04 going between $3grand and $4grand. and i was having trouble before trying to get $3,500 for it here in my area and on another forum. i was just wondering if the whole title deal was THAT big of a problem. i wouldnt screw anyone over, im thinking of selling it in a few months so i can get a streetbike by next summer. i just cant afford the two toys. but hell, if someone wants it for $3,500 i'll sell it tomorrow! lol

GPracer2500
08-12-2006, 05:27 PM
I wouldn't buy a quad that had an outstanding lien on it. Technically speaking, the quad isn't really yours to sell until the lender releases their interest in it. If the lender wanted to repossess the quad because you stopped making payments then they have a right to take it from wherever or whomever has possession of it. I'm not saying that's likely to happen, but it's a risk I wouldn't want to accept.

There are tons of other YFZs out there with titles that are free and clear. However, around my area there are ZERO YFZs in decent condition that are priced that low ($3000).

Actually, if I found an 04' YFZ that didn't have mechanical issues for $3000 and the seller didn't have the title in hand, I'd be suspicous that something was fishy.

Just one buyer's perspective...

jd450
08-12-2006, 05:32 PM
^^^ thanks bro, and i completely understand that. thats not my goal though. i just have been thinking about selling it like i said....so i can get a bike. i have NO intention of screwing anyone over. i'd finish the payments, recieve the title and mail it too the buyer. i was just wondering what some peoples thoughts were. i know alot of people around here dont really care about the title issue. but i appreciate your input, and i DO understand what your saying bro.

and im glad that price seems reasonable, lol! and trust me, there are no mechanical problems w/ the quad. it still runs strong!!! its actually about to get a new steering stem, and new bars. you may have seen my pics posted in ''crash and burn'', i wrecked last weekend and it needs a few things. but im replacing all the parts that were damaged. there's nothing wrong w/ the quad (or atleast there wont be), the price is that low b/c it seemed $4grand was TOO high for people around here and on the other forum i posted it on.

GPracer2500
08-12-2006, 06:04 PM
I know what you're saying. If you were looking to screw someone then you wouldn't be asking for opinions on here. I'm just saying that as a buyer I have no way of knowing what your intentions are unless I already knew you or something....

I'm a pessimist when it comes to buying and selling quads/bikes. I've been screwed more than once and have learned some lessons the hard way. The worst incident was when I was selling a 1998 CBR900RR about 5 years ago. It was beautiful and decked out with some very exclusive parts. This guy comes to look at it. We talk and look at the bike for more than an hour. He seems real nice and very interested. I was pretty sure he was going to buy it on the spot. He asked to take it for a ride before we sealed the deal and I said sure, just give me the keys to your ride (a newer Tahoe). I even let him borrow my new Aria helmet.

He never came back. The Tahoe was stolen. I had stopped riding on the street and cancelled my insurance on the bike. I was out $7000 just like that.

I'm very careful now.

jd450
08-12-2006, 06:10 PM
wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry to hear that! but like i said, i definately understand what you were saying. i TOO am sceptical of buying things over the net. im thinking if i sell it in a few months.......pay off the rest of the loan, i can have myself a bike by the start of next summer. i've got my helmet, gloves, and license. all i need is my jacket. we'll see, i wrecked pretty damn bad last weekend, 25 stitches, and i bought the parts to fix it. im just waiting for them to come in. but we'll see what happens when i get the parts on and clutch it up again, lol. the adrenaline never lets me get rid of it, lol. i take it out stunting for a while, thinking of selling it.....by the time im done and ride it back up on the truck, i drive home grining......thinking, NAAAAAAAAAAAAH, i cant sell it, lol.

tye101
08-12-2006, 07:31 PM
i would NEVER buy something with out gettin the title,, it is just to hard to trust people

jd450
08-13-2006, 12:53 PM
alright, thanks for the input guys. i guess i'll go to the bank monday and see about a loan for the amount i owe, pay it off and get the title in my hand. then try to sell it.

thanks!

jd450
08-23-2006, 09:00 AM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. so NO ONE would want it w/o the title?! i took out the loan, and im now not so sure that they will give me the title. its a long story, but my buddy that co-signed has one too, so when they wrote up the paperwork, they wrote it up as two quads under one name. i get a bill every month for the lump sum of the two quads and then get his half of the money from him. but i am not so sure that they will give me MY title, i think they may make me wait till the LUMP SUM is paid off. im really looking to get rid of my quad. i want a bike by spring and this thing is holding me back. im not here to **** anyone over.....although im sure everyone says that, huh? but its true.....i just need to get rid of it so i can get a bike. IF they make me wait until the lump sum is paid off, i'll have to wait three years until my friend pays off his amount (thats how many years are left on it). i read my paperwork and mine actually is an '05. im looking to get $3,600 for it. other offers would be considered, but im kinda firm there. i just need this thing gone so i can get a bike! otherwise its going to be a three year wait!