PDA

View Full Version : leaking oil

XxxTRiPxxX
08-12-2006, 04:04 PM
has anyone had a problem with there 450 leaking oil from head back behind the carb? i went out today and after riding for a hour the back part of the motor was drenched in it. afterwards took it apart cleaned the engine by hand and didnt notice any breaks or cracks. hoping this just may be from a faulty head gasket installation beings the motor was recently gone through by the dealership. maybe coming from a vent tube or something. so anyone else have this problem or seen something like this before.

roundsy
08-13-2006, 08:44 AM
same thing happened to me, i think it came out the vent hose, i cleaned it up and looked for leaks and couldnt find any so i started riding, i havent had a problem since

Coolidge
08-13-2006, 08:54 AM
Sometimes the leak is caused by too much oil in crankcase. How is the oil level?

tltcracing
08-13-2006, 10:54 AM
yep, i blows it out the vent hose. it will do it when you filled it up to high and it will correct itself by blowing it out. you shouldnt have to worry about it unless it happens every time.

roundsy
08-13-2006, 08:21 PM
today i took my vent hose and moved it so the end was over the chain, so if it blows again it will lube the chain and not the engine ;)

XxxTRiPxxX
08-13-2006, 08:30 PM
thanks for the reply i later found out it was over filled. when i changed the oil and saw that it was over filled. which brings me to the next thing never take ur bike to chapman honda now ace extreme sports. they were the last to touch the oil and also over torqued my plastics to my gas tank so there now stripped inside the tank. and the service was poor and so was the wait.

CMPX3
08-14-2006, 02:11 PM
The dealer that put my quad togrther did the same, now one of my tank bolts is just spinnin

hondarules
08-20-2006, 04:35 PM
are u talkin bout the hose that goes down into the crank right behind the head cause ive been having a leak there but the only thing is it leaks when i ride on the road for a while..i guess its the high speed an constant hi rpms that does it

08-20-2006, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by CMPX3
The dealer that put my quad togrther did the same, now one of my tank bolts is just spinnin

I have heard of more than one person that has gotten a new gas tank under warranty because of the insert spinning. I would contact the dealer and see if you can't get a new tank for free.