PDA

View Full Version : Lawrenceburg, TN Ride: Labor Day

ShiftFMX
08-12-2006, 11:23 AM
I guess there is a big ride goin on down there. My cousins live down there I just happened to be going down there around that time. I was wondering What lawrenceburg has to offer and is it going to be fun?? And Is anyone from the site gonna be there?

Scro
08-12-2006, 08:28 PM
Did they say where they were going to be riding? I wasn't aware of any place to ride there:confused: There is not much there, just a pretty nice drag strip.

Let me know if you go riding, I'll go with ya'll.

dead eye 00
08-12-2006, 09:13 PM
They could be riding at West Point, it's the most popular place to ride around here.

03400EX_Nacs
08-12-2006, 09:23 PM
uh yeah i live in Lawrenceburg. the ride is prolly going to be at Wheeling in the Country. it usually has big turnout labor day, new years, and other stuff. westpoint basicly sucks now. i wouldnt recommend even going out there. waste of money. it has went WAY down hill. i used to love it. but wheeling in the country has a small website. not sure of it off the top of my head though. its not that bad. its pretty friendly most every where because of how many trucks are there.

ShiftFMX
08-12-2006, 09:27 PM
Hey man, is this the place: http://www.wheelininthecountry.com/ , Give me any info you got, I gotta make this trip worth it!

ShiftFMX
08-12-2006, 09:29 PM
That place looks like nothin but mudholes, not a good place for the r :mad:

03400EX_Nacs
08-12-2006, 09:33 PM
yep thats it. i have been there 3 or four times.. on holidays they get PACKED sometimes... i dont have that much info to tell you.. but its fairly nice... if you're going to be down here anywayn i think it would be worth the trip it's right beside lawerenceburg

dead eye 00
08-12-2006, 09:36 PM
Curtis does'nt know what he is talking about, West Point kicks ***. I forgot about Wheelin inthe country, it's fun to watch all the trucks and rockcrawlers, but there are not many trails or things for an atv.

03400EX_Nacs
08-12-2006, 09:37 PM
its mudholes in a lot of areas like the mudpit... but other than that its not all that bad on the trails

03400EX_Nacs
08-12-2006, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by dead eye 00
Curtis does'nt know what he is talking about, West Point kicks ***. I forgot about Wheelin inthe country, it's fun to watch all the trucks and rockcrawlers, but there are not many trails or things for an atv.
Matthew W.?

dead eye 00
08-12-2006, 09:41 PM
Yep.

03400EX_Nacs
08-12-2006, 09:43 PM
sweet.. I am at Lynn's you should be here ... my main is tomorrow 265 C... I qualified

dead eye 00
08-12-2006, 09:46 PM
I had plans to come and watch tomorrow but my wife's grandfather got sick so we are going to vist him. Good luck tomorrow and how did all the local boys do?

ShiftFMX
08-12-2006, 10:16 PM
Yeah, My cousin said somthing about West point, is that a good place to ride?? He lives over by Franklin in Marshall County.

dead eye 00
08-13-2006, 08:05 AM
Yeah it's agood place to ride. It is several thousand acres owned by a paper mill. There is lots of woods and a big chirt pit that has some real good hill climbs. If he is in marshall county he has probably been to Wooly's Offroad it's small but it's only about five miles from my house.

Scro
08-13-2006, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by 03400EX_Nacs
uh yeah i live in Lawrenceburg. the ride is prolly going to be at Wheeling in the Country. it usually has big turnout labor day, new years, and other stuff. westpoint basicly sucks now. i wouldnt recommend even going out there. waste of money. it has went WAY down hill. i used to love it. but wheeling in the country has a small website. not sure of it off the top of my head though. its not that bad. its pretty friendly most every where because of how many trucks are there.

Westpoint is still IMO the best place to ride, if you know where to go (i.e. the dirtbike side). But if you stayed around pebble hill and the wall, it's pretty much FUBAR.

We've got several LONG loops on the dirtbike side.

03400EX_Nacs
08-13-2006, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by bama450r
Westpoint is still IMO the best place to ride, if you know where to go (i.e. the dirtbike side). But if you stayed around pebble hill and the wall, it's pretty much FUBAR.

We've got several LONG loops on the dirtbike side.
yeah you have a point that area is hell... but to find westpoint in good conditions it's hard. so much water, to dry, etc. every once in awhile i find it enjoyed about (rarely) and i can get lost on a good trail till dark with no headlights :p good times