PDA

View Full Version : freshing up the CT350.....

TampaBoy813
08-12-2006, 05:05 AM
I dont get to ride a lot...but feel that there is a lost of power...not a lot just enuff that I am thinking of reringing the R...I have never done this befor on a 2 stroke...what all will I need and what are the things to look out for?....& when I pull the jug...if its not ported who does the best bang for the buck on porting?.....thanxs for any help and info....

-Paul

TampaBoy813
08-13-2006, 08:26 AM
any info would be a big help....

robyone
08-13-2006, 02:10 PM
2 strokes are so simple... drain the coolant and remove hoses, pull the head stay, pull the carb and reeds to give your self some room. Unbolt the cylinder (no need to remove the head), give it a few wacks with a rubber mallet (do not pray with screw driver),and remove the cylinder. Inspect the cylinder for any heavy scrathes or pitting, if all looks good...continue
Remove the rings, place the new rings in the top of the cylinder to check for proper end gap accoriding to manufacturers specs. adjust with a file if need be. Coat the cylinder with your 2 stroke oil, place the cylinder over the piston and make sure the rings stay in place over the locating pins on the piston ( it helps to have 2 sets of hands), then slide the cylinder back into place on the bottom end...with a new cylinder base gasket of course.

TampaBoy813
08-13-2006, 02:19 PM
thanxs -Paul

707trx250r
08-13-2006, 05:17 PM
Here are some more tips:

DO NOT USE ANYTHING ABRASIVE TO REMOVE THE OLD GASKETS
I learned the hard way.
I now use a razor blade and take my time.

For porting contact Neil. He is C-Leigh racing, PM him. But if the jug is from ct it should be ported.

I think you may also want to have the cylinder honed to aid in new ring seating(break in) hopefully someone can confirm this.

how do you like the 350. I Have a ct 350 pv on the way.

Adam

TampaBoy813
08-13-2006, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by 707trx250r
Here are some more tips:

DO NOT USE ANYTHING ABRASIVE TO REMOVE THE OLD GASKETS
I learned the hard way.
I now use a razor blade and take my time.

For porting contact Neil. He is C-Leigh racing, PM him. But if the jug is from ct it should be ported.

I think you may also want to have the cylinder honed to aid in new ring seating(break in) hopefully someone can confirm this.

how do you like the 350. I Have a ct 350 pv on the way.

Adam
well I have 2 r's...one is stock bore and the other is the 350...its a ton of power...and hits like a light switch...

707trx250r
08-14-2006, 08:58 AM
I didn't want the light switch power so I got the 350 with the power valve
I can't wait to put the motor back and run it:D
Adam