PDA

View Full Version : raptor owners help...

buster024
08-11-2006, 09:17 PM
So, apparently no one uses the Raptor forum, so maybe someone knows here. I'm trying to help my friend install a Pro Armor kill switch on his '06 700 Raptor. I've got one on my 400, and it was super easy. The search thread on the Raptor forum has conflicting info on which wire to connect to. Anyone got any idea?:huh

redexrider
08-11-2006, 11:33 PM
The only thing I can suggest is to get ahold of a manual for the raptor and look at the wiring diagrams and find a good spot that would break a ground to the ignition. I woudl say that you would want to nreak a ground wire running from the key part of the system, this way it is a low voltage, small guage wire. take the ground coming from the key switch and splice it in series with that. If it is just a power wire, use that. The key switch would be my best guess at where to put it in at. If you measure the continuity (ohms) between the wires of the key switch and a ground with the key off and then on, you should be able to tell which wire is active after the switch is made. Take the wire that is active (has some kind of reading, either 0 ohms or close to it) and use this wire. splice the wires to the kill switch into that wire. This will break contact in that wire just like having the key off. If this doesn't make sense to you let me know, but it is the best way I can describe it. I do electrical work for a living, so it makes sense to me.. good luck.

hskers82
08-12-2006, 01:22 AM
Try Bluetraxx.com that is basically a Yamaha website and they have a forum for Raptors

Xplocivic
08-12-2006, 10:16 AM
Also raptorforum.com

but do what redexrider said and you'll be good to go.