PDA

View Full Version : wheelining help

macg1
08-11-2006, 06:48 PM
i ride a 250ex which is easy to get up sitting down but whenever i do it sitting down it comes down fast and i cant keep it up.. never tried shifting but sounds hard as hell.. and if i put my feet oon the grab bar then the quad stands up right and i have to get off... any help?

jd450
08-11-2006, 07:07 PM
whats up bro. you need to find the quads balanance point and learn brake control. before you worry about shifting gears during a wheelie, learn those two things.

for a sitdown, i find second gear to be the best. get the quad into second gear, at a SLOOOOW roll, pop the clutch and bring the quad up. from there just keep bringing the front tires up until you hear the quad holding the same ''note''. you dont want the engine to wind up tight, and get obnoxiously loud. you want it to stay at the same tone. once you've done that, you've found b/p. from there you will more than likely begin learning brake control so you wont bust your ***, lol.

but definately start out learning them w/ 2nd gear foot in bar wheelies. its a safer ''out'' if anything goes wrong. start out w/ your left foot in the grab bar, and your right foot covering the brake but NOT resting on it. start moving very very slowly in 2nd gear and pop the clutch. mess w/ it and figure out how much clutch vs. throttle you'll have to give it to bring the quad up to the b/p. from there, clutch it up and let the quad come up to b/p. if need be, TAP the rear brake if you feel the quad coming back too far, if the front begins to drop, simply press the throttle just a little bit. just keep doing the above and learn the quads b/p and the brake control.

let us know how you do, and get pics

ATW55
08-11-2006, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by jd450
whats up bro. you need to find the quads balanance point and learn brake control. before you worry about shifting gears during a wheelie, learn those two things.

for a sitdown, i find second gear to be the best. get the quad into second gear, at a SLOOOOW roll, pop the clutch and bring the quad up. from there just keep bringing the front tires up until you hear the quad holding the same ''note''. you dont want the engine to wind up tight, and get obnoxiously loud. you want it to stay at the same tone. once you've done that, you've found b/p. from there you will more than likely begin learning brake control so you wont bust your ***, lol.

but definately start out learning them w/ 2nd gear foot in bar wheelies. its a safer ''out'' if anything goes wrong. start out w/ your left foot in the grab bar, and your right foot covering the brake but NOT resting on it. start moving very very slowly in 2nd gear and pop the clutch. mess w/ it and figure out how much clutch vs. throttle you'll have to give it to bring the quad up to the b/p. from there, clutch it up and let the quad come up to b/p. if need be, TAP the rear brake if you feel the quad coming back too far, if the front begins to drop, simply press the throttle just a little bit. just keep doing the above and learn the quads b/p and the brake control.

let us know how you do, and get pics

the 250ex does not have a clutch unless it is a 2006 the it has this new clutch honda came out with that u can us the lever or just shift

macg1
08-13-2006, 01:33 PM
i cant pop it up sitting down in 2nd but i can with a foot on the grab bar... with my feet on the grab bar i can stay up long but go slow. sitting i can keep up in first and also go slow i want to learn how to shift and go faster a bit but not sitting down cuz i dont wanna **** myself up