PDA

View Full Version : I think I found a time thingy ma bob...

Pappy
08-11-2006, 05:19 PM
Is it just me or do folks have 2 times that they keep track of, 1 is real time, the other is internet time.

Seems to me like internet time moves twice as fast as real time and there is no differences between day and night and weekends do not exists.

Scro
08-11-2006, 06:09 PM
You've raided the liqour cabinet, haven't you? :p I think I know what you talking about. I can be on here at 1:00 in the morning and it feels like it's mid-afternoon, but as soon as I get up I can barely stay awake.

Pappy
08-11-2006, 06:15 PM
Oh i can understand the time flies thing....

Im refering more to how people think anyone on the internet works 24/7

example...someone just called here, 8:30 pm on a friday night wanting to make sure I would be filming at BPG this weekend. thats not bad mind you, but when they call at 2 am on a tuesday it is a bit out of hand:p or they send you an email, and 5 others every 20 minutes wondering when you are going to reply etc.

Scro
08-11-2006, 06:22 PM
I know I've made mistakes with our customers because I would call at time that was inappropriate because of the times zones. It was 9:00 here, but it was 7:00 in California. But I agree, people should pay more attention to when they call.

Pappy
08-11-2006, 06:26 PM
LOL...someone from texas called at midnight a few days ago wanting me to take a poll. i asked him how he got my number and the usual anti salesman gruff when he apologized and told me about the time zone. i never gave that a thought, but any calls to a residence should be within reasonable hours etc. i dont get mad when a customer of mine calls, but the salesman gotta go:ermm:

Scro
08-11-2006, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
LOL...someone from texas called at midnight a few days ago wanting me to take a poll. i asked him how he got my number and the usual anti salesman gruff when he apologized and told me about the time zone. i never gave that a thought, but any calls to a residence should be within reasonable hours etc. i dont get mad when a customer of mine calls, but the salesman gotta go:ermm:

I break out my "Layla, get back in your cell!!! Don't make me get the hose!!!" type of line when those people call.:p I have fun with them.

Pappy
08-11-2006, 06:31 PM
When we first moved here we got ZERO calls from salesman...now we get 3 or 4 a night. I have a whistle by the phone:chinese:

juanki
08-11-2006, 06:36 PM
my state here in mexico is the only one that doesnt change the clock when all the country does, we have allways the same time, rigth now we have the mountain time, then we have the pacific time. i tink that az does it like this also....

mx428
08-11-2006, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
When we first moved here we got ZERO calls from salesman...now we get 3 or 4 a night. I have a whistle by the phone:chinese: Get a Telezapper. We got one a few years back and haven't gotten a call since.

2004-400ex
08-11-2006, 07:58 PM
i pick up and when the ask for my parents i start to cry and say they died some times they hangup and other times the guy tells me he is sorry for my loss

Ralph
08-11-2006, 09:56 PM
www.donotcalllist.com

Mx_523
08-11-2006, 09:58 PM
^^^^^Lmfao. I love these salesmen. You act like your all interested and then at the last minute you say nah I lost intrest sorry. They get soo sad.

250R-Dee
08-12-2006, 12:30 AM
Now imagine how I feel since I am 12~15 hours ahead of the US. For some reason my family and friends love to call me at 4:00am :( even after I explain the time difference and when is the best time to call from their time zone.

Guy400
08-12-2006, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by 250R-Dee
Now imagine how I feel since I am 12~15 hours ahead of the US. For some reason my family and friends love to call me at 4:00am :( even after I explain the time difference and when is the best time to call from their time zone. LMAO...I got a voicemail from a guy at work one day asking that I call him back. I'm in the office at lunch time and call the number without thinking. The dude answers the phone all groggy and proceeds to tell me he's in Guam and is 10 hours behind me:p