PDA

View Full Version : electrical problem/ dies

acw592
08-11-2006, 04:28 PM
I just started having a problem with my predator, where I'll be riding and it will die. It looses electrical power completely. There will be no fan, neut. light, start button, nothing works. Then in 30-60 seconds it will come back (electric). Starts and works fine for a little bit, then it happens again. I checked the batt. cables which are clean and tight. I took the left side cover off and tried to look for anything obvious. Can't figure it out. Any ideas? Thanks

polaris bob
08-12-2006, 08:51 AM
There are two in-line circuit breakers on the bike, one is under the gas tank up by the the steering stem, and the other one is back by the battery. One or both of them might be going bad or have gotten wet and have some corrosion on them.

They are sealed up in a "black rubber bag". You might need to cut them open to make sure that this is not your problem.

To replace them you can either spend big bucks for a factory replacement or run up to your local radio shack or an auto parts store and get an similar replacement item and wire them in.

acw592
08-12-2006, 04:57 PM
I did cut the black bag open back by the batt. and it has a lot of corrosion on it. What are those? Are they just a fuse?. Was wondering what I need to ask for? If a fuse and fuse holder would work, that would be easy enough. Thanks