PDA

View Full Version : Please Help!!!

air ride
08-11-2006, 02:52 PM
I recently bought a used 2003 Honda 250ex, and I fixed it up a little so it'd run again because the previous owner tore it up. Now, it ran fine for about a month, and just recently when you start it up and you try to shift into 1st gear, the bike will "jerk" and shut off, but if you give it a lot of gas right after you shift the bike will take off and run fine, but when you slow down or stop, the bike will jerk and shut off again. It's got plenty of gas, so I know that's not it.

Anyone know what could be causing this to happen?

02400exer
08-11-2006, 07:40 PM
just a thought have you made sure your chain aint to tight cause when my chain was to loose on my 400 it wouldnt go into neutral

just a thought though cuz i aint no expert by no means this is just off experiences iv had

air ride
08-11-2006, 08:41 PM
This one doesn't have a chain.

Flyin-Low
08-13-2006, 10:09 AM
Its your clutch.

The 250ex has a centripicle (sp) clutch. Its not an automatic, but its not a manual clutch. So if you know what your doing, buy a repair manual and tear into the side of your engine and see whats wrong.

If you dont know much about that kind of stuff, just take it to your dealer and tell them what its doing, shouldnt be too expensive.

-Martin