PDA

View Full Version : Question about rear brakes. 250X

tkatka70
08-24-2002, 08:06 PM
Ok im changeing my brakes and i took off the old ones and begin to put in the new ones. Now my old ones were pressed tight againg each other by the piston. I had to pry them out. Now i cant even fit one of my new pades in there because its like the piston is pressed all the way out. What should i do. I have air in my lines and need to bleed them does that got anything to do with it.

Also how do you bleed the brakes. I to it acording to a manual i got. But i cant build up preasure. ALso when i pump the brake Fluid leaks out of that black boot that bulches out. What the **** is wrong i just got one big mess. I get off of work tomarrow at 3pm so im planning on fixing this so please help me.

250xman
08-24-2002, 08:41 PM
well what i do is just take a C-clamp and tighten in up on the pistone side and it will push the piston in so you can put on the new pads. make sure you take off the hose so it will go in eisier. as for bleeding them just take a long tube put it on the nipple turn the nipple couner clockwise about a 1/4 turn or so. not too much once you see fluid and no big boubles turn it clockwise about an 1/8 inch then keep pressing the peddle for about 2 or 3 min. till you get all the bubbles out of it. its alot eisier to have two people to bleed brakes, i always have a friend help me. hope i helped you some and sorry for the long post.

tkatka70
08-25-2002, 07:49 AM
what hose do you dissconnect when you do the cclamp thing. ANd go over bleeding them againn i didnt understand. Do you put teh hose end of hose in a cup of fluid

250xman
08-25-2002, 04:50 PM
well 1st things 1st, wheres ur brake resivor at? undo the 2 screws on it and just keep the fluid up while your pumping the peddle. you should have to put in quite abit cause you've drain all the old fluid out. the hose that u connect to the nipple you should keep vertical so no fluid comes out. the hose on the caliper is the one you should remove to puch in the caliper.its the one on top held on by a big bolt. its the one that connects to the brake lever.