PDA

View Full Version : 450r

ZATA
08-11-2006, 12:12 PM
hey guys, anyone ride a 450r in the trails, thats the bike i wana get but i want to know how ell they stand up in the woods...any one have one? also, what should i get for it in the woods, im thinking a good shidplate to cover as much of the bottom as i can, and nerfs for the times i miss the pegs or what ever, any help is appriciated.

08-11-2006, 12:20 PM
i ride my 450r on the trails...it is a good bike for it. the suspension is a little stiff for trail riding, but it can be adjusted and even revalved. skids are the the first thing you should get...a .250 for the swinger is a must, i would go with either prm or armadillo. the chassis skid cna be any thickness, but again the thicker it is the more protection. nerfs are nice...not 100% neceassary for on the trails, but very nice and helpful. you will find the bike likes to rev high and will take a little getting used to for riding in the trails...

good luck

CHEVYZ
08-11-2006, 12:26 PM
Very good machines for the trails. Both models (04-05: 06+) are very well balanced, and can handle the trails much better than most other bikes I have owned and ridden..... which is saying alot!

ZATA
08-11-2006, 12:26 PM
thanks guys, im used to reving bikes high so im used to that pretty well. i will be investing in full skids just well...because. and im prolly going to get some nerfs because i will be jumping it once in a while.thanks for your responce.

krt400ex
08-15-2006, 04:06 PM
i rode an '05 on the trails and it was the best trail bike i have ever rode. if i had the money i would buy one in a heartbeat.