PDA

View Full Version : Front end noise

Depalma
08-24-2002, 07:28 PM
This might sound stupid, but I am getting loud squeaks from might right side of my front end. i looked in the manuel it doesn't say nothing about lubing it any info would be great. Here is the strange part when I hold the bottem of the shock it goes away???It is loud enough to hear it when I am ridind slow in second gear.
2002 400ex
ac nerfs w/b front bump
K&N jet kit
w/b slip on

Striker49
08-24-2002, 07:39 PM
Sounds like your A-Arm brushings may need some more grease. I have the same problem with my 250 but Im to lazy to take it apart and do it all.

You might also get more help if you post this in the Steering and Suspension forum. :cool:

08-24-2002, 07:40 PM
just take apart u right front a arms and grease all the bushings.
killer

08-24-2002, 07:47 PM
spray wd 40 under the black shock covers ont he stock shocks grease lower shock bushings

08-25-2002, 10:18 PM
It is loud enough to hear it when I am ridind slow in second gear. That was you, I could hear ya from down here:)

Here is the strange part when I hold the bottem of the shock it goes away???

The shocks themselves will squeak, push down quick and hard on your fr bumper and see if you can isolate it to the shocks or the a arm bushings.

Honda uses a pretty decent set up on the bushings(thats why they dont use the grease zerks, and mine were well lubed and dry after 1-1/2 years) and unless you have done a lot of water crossings(with the arms submerged) or clean it with a power washer I think it would be a little soon for them to be making noise.

If it is the shock either look into aftermarket ones or learn to enjoy the music.