PDA

View Full Version : GNCC or MX

300ex03_619
08-11-2006, 09:14 AM
i am 15 years old and starting to race. I am about to buy a new atv but i do not know wether i am gonna race GNCC or MX. I was wondering which one would have the least chance for physical injury, and which one would be easiest to go pro?

Scro
08-11-2006, 09:22 AM
To me MX is far more dangerous, just for the simple fact that you are in the air:) XC is just more enjoyable to me. Going to an MX race and paying 30 bucks to ride for 25 minutes max is not the way I want to spend my money.

But that's just me, though.

Becoming pro in either MX or XC is extremely hard. You pretty much have to dedicate all your time, money, and effort to racing.

JRP
08-11-2006, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by bama450r
To me MX is far more dangerous, just for the simple fact that you are in the air:) XC is just more enjoyable to me. Going to an MX race and paying 30 bucks to ride for 25 minutes max is not the way I want to spend my money.

But that's just me, though.

Becoming pro in either MX or XC is extremely hard. You pretty much have to dedicate all your time, money, and effort to racing.

pretty much what he said, but do u want to be flying in the air, or flying through woods?

Yfz450dan
08-11-2006, 09:41 AM
MX all the way!!!! Its a lot more fun!!!!!!! well thats what i think,but try both out first and see what u like!

08-11-2006, 09:54 AM
MX is a much greater hazard for injury.

Jumps, tight wheel to wheel racing, alot of reasons.

If you want to become a pro, you need to train.

No, I'm not talking about riding. That's a given.

You need to strength train, and endurance train.

You should probably get a trainer - someone to oversee your development and progress, to motivate you and hold you accountable. Its all about dedication and focus.

Endurance alone will get you a spot on the podium over most of the other racers who are equal to you talent-wise.

Blue_Streak23
08-11-2006, 11:24 AM
It all depends on how you look at it....

You could be cruising through trees, with huge ruts.

or
You could be fling through the air about 20 foot from the ground.

>>I think both series would be hard to become a pro rider in, because of the skill it takes, and the experienced riders that are already racing in both series.