PDA

View Full Version : 450r lights

Modded R
08-11-2006, 07:59 AM
Has anybody put different lights on their 450r or found a way to make them brighter and not shine in the trees? I am thinking about buying those HID lights that you can mount on the handlebars but put them on the frame under the stock lights. If anybody has pics i'd love to see them!

CMPX3
08-11-2006, 10:19 AM
I am w/ you. I was thinking of trying to find some brighter bulbs to replace stock. Good luck....

nadsz400
08-11-2006, 11:42 AM
I have a set of PIAA H6M bulbs and I have stock location MR16 HID's. The bulbs are better than stock but no where near what the HID's are. When I do run lights, I only run the HID's and it's more than enough light for me.

Modded R
08-11-2006, 12:29 PM
I do alot of night riding especially at the dunes and stock lighting sucks. the only thing i don't like about HID's is that they mount on the handle bars but their ad in dirt wheels says that they have other mounting options. If i did go with HID's i'd probably get a different hood and just get rid of the stock lights.
thanx for the replies. if anybody has pictures show me how else you can mount them.

nadsz400
08-11-2006, 01:20 PM
This link will show you trail tech's fullbore hood with HID light setup plus other ways to run the lights. You don't have to put them on bars.
http://www.trailtech.net/trx450r.htm

GoldenGloves
08-11-2006, 08:03 PM
Will any HIDs fit in the stock lighting assembly?

The C
08-26-2006, 06:32 PM
Hid lights up on the bars, super bright....

HAVOK
08-26-2006, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Modded R
Has anybody put different lights on their 450r or found a way to make them brighter and not shine in the trees? I am thinking about buying those HID lights that you can mount on the handlebars but put them on the frame under the stock lights. If anybody has pics i'd love to see them!

You can adjust the pitch of the beam so you are not lighting up the sky.There is a bolt/nut on the back of the light that is the adjustment.