PDA

View Full Version : How to contact Ebay!

Chino886
08-11-2006, 06:52 AM
Well I listed an item up for sale on ebay and listed a buy it now price, I had someone use the buy it now price and then they contact me with the following email:

Hello,
Am sending you Money Orders for the item and shipping cost.
Ill be sending you $4500
This is because i need a little favour from you am having a cousing who just delivered a twice but the both of them had a stomach so the hospital said they have to operate them which will cost about $4000 thats why. Am not in the state now i was posted to south Africa so i can send her money via western union or Money gram am helping her, becuase am the only family she has now so please let me know if you will help me send the money once you get it cashed to her in Nigeria. I was informed that the twince will be brought over to USA for the operation. please let me know as soon as possible. thanks.Kindly reply with your full Name, Contact address and Phone number ASAP.

Does this person think I am a F***ing idiot?

How do you call ebay if you can?

Thanks,
Chino

Scro
08-11-2006, 07:56 AM
As a small seller, it is damn near impossible to talk to anybody. But, as a powerseller, there is a hotline setup. I will see about getting it to you.

Chino886
08-11-2006, 07:58 AM
Thanks!

rneal
08-11-2006, 08:13 AM
http://pages.ebay.com/education/spooftutorial/spoof_4.html

tim colston
08-11-2006, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Chino886
Well I listed an item up for sale on ebay and listed a buy it now price, I had someone use the buy it now price and then they contact me with the following email:

Hello,
Am sending you Money Orders for the item and shipping cost.
Ill be sending you $4500
This is because i need a little favour from you am having a cousing who just delivered a twice but the both of them had a stomach so the hospital said they have to operate them which will cost about $4000 thats why. Am not in the state now i was posted to south Africa so i can send her money via western union or Money gram am helping her, becuase am the only family she has now so please let me know if you will help me send the money once you get it cashed to her in Nigeria. I was informed that the twince will be brought over to USA for the operation. please let me know as soon as possible. thanks.Kindly reply with your full Name, Contact address and Phone number ASAP.

I would say do it Dave it sounds legit to me. He is a hella nice guy for doing that for his cousin.

Does this person think I am a F***ing idiot?

How do you call ebay if you can?

Thanks,
Chino

Chino886
08-11-2006, 08:57 AM
Yeah Tim!

I think I will!

Any one got some ocean front property in AZ for me too!

tim colston
08-11-2006, 09:03 AM
God did I butcher that post of mine. It makes me wonder that dumbass' must still be giving these aholes money if they continue to try.

Chino886
08-11-2006, 09:12 AM
Well, I just got off the phone with those DA's at Ebay!

I have to wait 7 days before this is actually reported as a scam? WTF! Is there some unwritten rule that a time limit exists before something is a scam? Holy ****! How about Ebay become proactive about the fraud on there, not reactive to a problem!

Scro
08-11-2006, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Chino886
Well, I just got off the phone with those DA's at Ebay!

I have to wait 7 days before this is actually reported as a scam? WTF! Is there some unwritten rule that a time limit exists before something is a scam? Holy ****! How about Ebay become proactive about the fraud on there, not reactive to a problem!

That's seven days for you to think about closing the deal. Which, in turn, gives them a better chance of getting the fees off the situation:grr:

Chino886
08-11-2006, 09:21 AM
How about 7 Days that I am going to stew over this and want to ram my foot up their ARSE! :grr:

Scro
08-11-2006, 09:25 AM
....or that would work:p