PDA

View Full Version : Should i cut my fenders?!?

08-24-2002, 06:42 PM
The fenders on my 400ex used to be cut, but i bought new plastic for better coloring and everything and i sort of like the front view of the fenders but the side and rear are sort of ugly. And no i don't usually ride in the woods(mudholes,etc.) i usually ride on a slate dump or on a playground just about a mile down the road or now mostly i ride on a drag strip up on top a moutain.WHAT DO I DO?:confused:

300EXrider02
08-24-2002, 08:34 PM
i dont think it matters much, if u dont want mud in your face dont cut them, but i wouldnt

Sick0
08-25-2002, 08:01 AM
I like my fenders cut alot better. I can see right where to plant my fronts tires. I can see the lip better going of jumps. Plus I perfer the look over the uncut. Cut plastic has a less chance of breaking. The flop less, with less lever on the mounts. More aroedyamic which ain't a big deal. Its all up to you though. Do it if like the look or if you need to see. If you think it look better no cut or you don't don't want to get dirty as muck don't do it.

Jimmah
08-25-2002, 08:29 AM
I say cut them for the reason SickO mentioned. But what I don't get is people complaining about getting dirty from cut fenders. Now I'm not flaming but it is OFF ROADING, your not supposed to be clean. Each to their own with the front fenders some like em cut some don't thats their decision but to complain about gettin dirty when your off roading is kinda stupid.

flaneledholes
08-25-2002, 02:19 PM
Hey where did you get your 400 from quadgod???Grundy honda??? I know I usually go over there to see whts up but they are way high... But lemme know where the 400 came from...

400exstunta
08-25-2002, 02:43 PM
imo... i ride in dirt, sand, mud, and on the road. alot. well i love how they look cut. for some reason my 2 wheel drive just goes to the mud when it sees 4x4 quads in it. (I think she feels she has something to prove) soo shhhh... anyways.. i dont get any more mud in my face than before. and let me tell you i love to play in mud. maybe everyone elses mud is differnet than mine. i dont know. chop em and toss em....
mike

Sick0
08-25-2002, 04:06 PM
well to be honest I don't like to get all muddy. But I'm not going complain if I do. I can see if you race in some of the GNC races keep the fenders on. because if you can see how can you race. But I don't need for racing, go to the pits, which is mostly what I do. When I go in the woods I becareful no puddles or in the mud. But thats me.

Jimmah
08-25-2002, 04:14 PM
The only thing that's gotten more dirty on me is my boots and forearms. Now I don't go muddin, but I don't avoid mud and puddles after a rain storm. To me I love the visibilty you get with them cut especially since I jump and race, but even with trail riding I don't find I get much dirtier at all.

Sick0
08-25-2002, 04:24 PM
I could barely understand what I just wrote.

Sick0
08-25-2002, 04:35 PM
bump