PDA

View Full Version : What Would You Do?

juanki
08-10-2006, 06:11 PM
here is my story..

i've been riding for almost 15 years on atv, never had one of my own, but one of my best friend is a twin, and tthey both had atv, the other twin never used so i did, this was because had no support of my family on this matter, so finally 3 years ago i bougth my own.
my family didnt liked the idea, but it was mine... so started racing and got injured.
now i have a lot of pressure of my family, everyone tells me to sell it, and pay for stuff that i owe (not much tho).
i live by my sefl with my wife, but still we are a close family, i have 4 brothers and 2 sisters, is that just much pressure, they tell me that i'm not in my 20's (and im not, 30), my dad told me that if he had some auttority over me, that i should sell that damed thing, he told me this in the hospital (he is not in good shape, had two sirguries and hes 85, he is in intensive care rigth now), i just went in to tears. i really dont know what to do.

any help? please

jrspawn
08-10-2006, 06:42 PM
Well, all i can say do what makes YOU happy. You only live once, so make the most of it, whatever it is.

Thank you
Justin

Dune Surfer
08-10-2006, 07:08 PM
Dude, Its nice of you to care what others think, but if you like riding keep it. 30 is not old for riding quads, I'm in my 40's and still ride the crap out of mine. For the record, I'm married and have kids. You need some things in your life just for YOU.

400exrider99
08-10-2006, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by jrspawn
Well, all i can say do what makes YOU happy. You only live once, so make the most of it, whatever it is.

^^^^^ my thoughts exactly

Quad18star
08-10-2006, 07:30 PM
Tough decision .

What does your wife think about it all ??

I think if she supports you , well then you should keep it , but maybe reconsider the racing part of it .

If she thinks you should sell it , well maybe that would be the best option . She's your life partner and I'm sure it would hurt her a lot if you were severely injured due to an accident on a quad .

I had pressure from all my family to sell my sport quad and I refused . But the more and more I thought about it , the more it all made sense .

I have a loving girlfriend that would hate to see my layed up in a hospital bed again . I've seen my dad in such a panic that I thought he was going to have a heart attack or some sort of breakdown cause he was shaking so much and both my parents in tears .

As much as I love the sport , I love my family too much to put them through that kind of thing again . I now ride a 4x4 quad , and it's something my whole family enjoys cuz we all go out and ride together . A lot less risk with the 4x4s than with the sport quads .

tp300ex
08-10-2006, 07:35 PM
if u ask me its like a car reck if u get in one are u going to sale ur car? no so u got in a reck get back on there and go!

yamadjs08
08-11-2006, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Dune Surfer
Dude, Its nice of you to care what others think, but if you like riding keep it. 30 is not old for riding quads, I'm in my 40's and still ride the crap out of mine. For the record, I'm married and have kids. You need some things in your life just for YOU. Very well said!

Mx_523
08-11-2006, 12:43 AM
You only live once. Might as well spend it by having some fun.

Giz400ex
08-11-2006, 04:09 AM
Your 30 yrs old!!!! Who cares what anybody else thinks, your a big boy and can make your own decisions. Do whatever you want to do, you don't have to answer to anybody??:rolleyes:

MOFO
08-11-2006, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by Giz400ex
Your 30 yrs old!!!! Who cares what anybody else thinks, your a big boy and can make your own decisions. Do whatever you want to do, you don't have to answer to anybody??:rolleyes:

I agree. If you did not include your age in your post, I would have thought this thread was coming from a teenager, at best.

08-11-2006, 09:51 AM
My dads friend had the same thing happen to him.Two accidents and when he was in the hospital his family sold his 250R for $600:eek: He didn't go back to riding but he bought a power boat and they were OK with that.Doesn't make any sense:rolleyes:

Us guys give up too much of what we like to make others happy.I am over doing that.

Ruby Soho
08-11-2006, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by James400EX
My dads friend had the same thing happen to him.Two accidents and when he was in the hospital his family sold his 250R for $600:eek: He didn't go back to riding but he bought a power boat and they were OK with that.Doesn't make any sense:rolleyes:

Us guys give up too much of what we like to make others happy.I am over doing that.

id be pissed. 600 is cheap for an r

juanki
08-11-2006, 10:33 AM
thanx to every one, i stil have my r, and i will keep on ridin it, just not on a rece track, that will be wierd 'cause i'm a race breed, but i will keep it because i put money and effort to it and also is a clasic.....
i will get some utilities and have fun it that way. some day my kids could have the r, it has 20 years now, why not other 20, lol.

thanx again to everybody.

PTMracing
08-11-2006, 11:11 AM
I understand where you are coming from. I agree with talking with your wife. I grew up going to stock car races. I'm a race breed also. Quite a few years back I bought my first quad. Started out just riding. Then bought my son one. We rode together. Wife was'nt really interested but went a few times. Then I checked out my first race. Watched the first couple. Then I was hooked. After a couple of years I was spending money that we really did'nt have.I was working on it all the time . I would....eat...sleep...breathe...racing!!!! I would buy quads, rebuild them, part them out....I crashed one time, got spooked.Eventually I got burned out and sold everything. SO......here I am. I'm looking to buy some more quads and just play this time. Just have fun. NO RACING!!:rolleyes: I swear. Just some nice family fun. Safe.:D

juanki
08-11-2006, 11:36 AM
i have allready talked to her, she supports me, but she doesnt want me to be in a hospital and live evrething that we lived allready, my bro i law has a rincon, and when we go to the beach, she uses that... she likes the sport a little and rides just for fun. and that what we woluid do, because like quad18star post, now shes my partner, and have to do stuff together.

PTMracing
08-11-2006, 12:22 PM
I've been wanting a quad bad lately, and really searching them out on the internet... lots of good deals out there right now... my brother and I are both trying to talk our wives into quads again right now, I wonder who'll win first?

Quad18star
08-11-2006, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by PTMracing
I've been wanting a quad bad lately, and really searching them out on the internet... lots of good deals out there right now... my brother and I are both trying to talk our wives into quads again right now, I wonder who'll win first?

Whoever tells their wife that they'll do housework every week and give a massage every night . :p

08-11-2006, 03:51 PM
What is wrong with you guys.I say I am going riding I don't ask and I'm not a jerk about it.I work all week and if there is nothing IMPORTANT for us to do I'm going riding if I want to.She can deal with it.