PDA

View Full Version : guys i need support...

theTman
08-10-2006, 03:29 PM
last night my best freind was in a bad car accident...rolled going 90mph and got thrown out of the car and pinned

he has a broken neck and spinal injuries and cannot feel from the waist down

this kid was one of the best riders i have ever met, and i cant belive this happened to him

i can barely take this....it hits so close to home....:(

theTman
08-10-2006, 03:30 PM

One_Bad_400
08-10-2006, 03:40 PM
he's in my prayers man... good luck on his recovery, i hope he can over come this and get back to life as regular.. :(

hockey22
08-10-2006, 03:43 PM
he's in my prayers man

tcpadgett
08-10-2006, 03:50 PM
He is in our prayers. I had a friend who was in an accident last November and he is still in the hospital. It was a horrible accident and he too, was thrown from the vehicle.

87250rxrider
08-10-2006, 04:05 PM
he's in my prayers as well. i do have to ask 1 thing though... why was he doing 90mph?

theTman
08-10-2006, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by 87250rxrider
he's in my prayers as well. i do have to ask 1 thing though... why was he doing 90mph?

he was a passenger...i guess the driver was racing

08-10-2006, 04:18 PM
He's in my prayers

Doober
08-10-2006, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Quad_King
He's in my prayers

Mxjunkie
08-10-2006, 05:14 PM
Best of luck :(

DieselBoy
08-10-2006, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by theTman
he was a passenger...i guess the driver was racing

be sure to thank the arsehole racing the vehicle. I wish best of luck in his recovery, and he will come through.

JRP
08-10-2006, 05:16 PM
hes in my prayers man.:( :( :(

wilkin250r
08-10-2006, 06:22 PM
Why wasn't he wearing a seatbelt? Too cool for seatbelts? I bet he doesn't feel so cool, now...

theTman
08-10-2006, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Why wasn't he wearing a seatbelt? Too cool for seatbelts? I bet he doesn't feel so cool, now...

dont ask me i wasnt there.....at least he isnt dead

Zeppelin03
08-10-2006, 06:56 PM
Get well soon John ....You can pull through it

Mxjunkie
08-10-2006, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r

I've seen people in accident's better off without a seat belt. My father's friend's son was out having fun with his buddies, He had his seat belt on no one else did. He died and the rest were thrown from the car when it was rolling and survived with injury's..

And why dont you ease up a little bit, your post is a little harsh during a time like this if you ask me.. I think the " Bet he doesn't feel so cool now" is a little much at the moment..

Aceman
08-10-2006, 09:55 PM
Sorry MXJunkie but I agree with Wilkin. For these reasons:

1. It sounds like he wasn't wearing a seat belt.
2. He was in a car going 90 mph.
3. They were racing.

Sounds like the perfect recipe for reckless stupidity. You know who I feel sorry for? The other people on the road that could of been injured/killed by kids racing illegally. What if a pedestrian was clipped by the car rolling over. Then how would you feel? Would you still feel sorry for the boy who was injured voluntary racing or the pedestrian who was injured/killed involuntarily? I think you would probably have a different opinion. But just my 2 cents.

insaneracin2003
08-10-2006, 10:02 PM
you guys will be in our prayers!!!:(

standardryder
08-10-2006, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Aceman

3. They were racing.

Sounds like the perfect recipe for reckless stupidity. You know who I feel sorry for? The other people on the road that could of been injured/killed by kids racing illegally. What if a pedestrian was clipped by the car rolling over. Then how would you feel? Would you still feel sorry for the boy who was injured voluntary racing or the pedestrian who was injured/killed involuntarily? I think you would probably have a different opinion. But just my 2 cents.

keep your 2 cents to yourself. you acting like its his fault that things happend the way they did. and im sure if you knew all the facts you would probably think differently...

wilkin250r
08-10-2006, 10:58 PM
You're absolutely right. It was indeed harsh, intentionally.

Look, I feel for the guy. I feel for both the injured, AND the family and friends affected.

But I'm not about to sugar-coat life and blow sunshine up your arse. Imagine if somebody came on here and said "My buddy was doing some Freestyle jumping without a helmet, and now he's got a concussion. Everybody pray for him". I can't imagine it would get a warm and touching response.

Driving without a seatbelt is just as stupid as riding without a helmet. And can you imagine RACING without a helmet? Stupid stupid stupid.

It's difficult to sympathize when somebody intentionally puts themself into a dangerous situation, and ignores safety precautions at the same time.

Maybe my harsh response will wake a few people up. Turn on the light.

NorCalRacer
08-10-2006, 11:03 PM
Wow, I can't believe the lack of personal responsibility these days. I feel terrible for this guy and hope he recovers, but if you're doing 90 in a vehicle without a seatbelt it IS your fault, no matter what the story is. If you place yourself in situations like that, bad things can happen. Life's lessons are usually harsh.
MXJunkie, I'm sorry, but your theory of no seatbelt is very flawed.
Look at the statistics and they will speak for themselves.

Good luck to your friend. I hope he recovers. People have come back from worse, hope the guy racing understands what he did.

Honda400exrox
08-10-2006, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Aceman

3. They were racing.

wtf he was a passenger, there isnt't much he could have done IF he wanted the driver to slow down

Mx_523
08-10-2006, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by JRP
hes in my prayers man.:( :( :(

Mx_523
08-10-2006, 11:22 PM
He could of worn his seat belt... That wasn't anyone else fault but his. Its not like the driver had a gun to his head saying he couldn't wear it.

DieselBoy
08-10-2006, 11:27 PM
I always wear my seatbelt, I don't care where I'm going. I don'tfeel safe without it on.

It just goes to show you what the consequences of being careless behind the wheel will do.

fast_enough
08-10-2006, 11:33 PM
By the sounds of it..if he is alive after a 90 mph rollover, he was better off being ejected. Just my thought...I was just in the worst crash of my life and one of the worse many people have ever seen. I got up and walked over and looked in the truck and the steering wheel had went through the seat...thank god i was being immature and unresponsible by not wearing a seat belt and being ejected. I walked off w/out a scratch

NorCalRacer
08-10-2006, 11:40 PM
Because it can happen doesn't mean it will. Sometime's you are better off not wearing your seatbelt. Almost all of the time this is not the case. I know from life experience. To advocate that not wearing a seatbelt is safer than wearing one is beyond ignorant.

That is my .02

Chicksdigme423
08-10-2006, 11:46 PM
you're saying that wearing a seatbelt is safe.. sometimes? i dont know... they are there for a reason... i understand that in certain situations being thrown from a vehicle could potentially have a good side like in fast_enough's case but how many other car crashes are there in the world and a seatbelt is what saved them... what someone else said before, look at the statistics... i dont know figures myself, but i'm sure that wearing a seatbelt has saved more lives than the few god touched times that not wearing one has saved a life... someone prove me wrong on that... show me the facts taht prove not wearing a belt is safer than wearing one...

but tman, i feel bad for you and your friend... that is a very tough thing to have happen

Punk'd
08-11-2006, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by fast_enough
By the sounds of it..if he is alive after a 90 mph rollover, he was better off being ejected. Just my thought...I was just in the worst crash of my life and one of the worse many people have ever seen. I got up and walked over and looked in the truck and the steering wheel had went through the seat...thank god i was being immature and unresponsible by not wearing a seat belt and being ejected. I walked off w/out a scratch

How the H*** did you fly out without getting a scratch?

You had an angel on your shoulders man..

Now back to the thread.. I hope your friend is ok, he is in my prayers reguardless of if he had his seatbelt on or not.

Honda TRX250ex
08-11-2006, 01:29 PM
Best of luck to him travis. He will be in my prayers.:(

theTman
08-11-2006, 02:41 PM
one of my other buddys was in the car who HAD his seatbelt on and he is fine....

all you people need to STOP ARGUING

i have a frikin freind in critical condition...and i needed your support....but you all sat here and argued..thanks A holes

and sorry to those who didnt argue, i thank you greatly

440bigborekit
08-11-2006, 07:10 PM
hes in my prayers hope he wins this race......

elite ATV1
08-11-2006, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Quad_King
He's in my prayers

standardryder
08-12-2006, 01:56 PM
update: i just went and visited his family, john is doing better. he had sergery on his neck and has a metal plate and rods in it to support it. 2 of his vertebre were shattered. he has no feeling from his nipples down, and may never again. also he cannot move his hands and fingers, allthough he can move his arms. they were going to remove his breathing tube soon but fluid was getting into his lungs so they had to make a small insision(sp) in his side and put a tube in to drain it. i have faith he will recover, john is stong willed and i know if he has any chance at all he will take it. im going back tomorrow ill give another update.

400eXr1d3rZ
08-12-2006, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
Best of luck :(

LTandRaptorider
08-12-2006, 07:05 PM
1. We all do stupid things, and sometimes it catches up with us.
2. This wasn't the time to debate it. Tman wanted some support, instead he got a lot of chit about what his friend should or shouldn't have done.
3. Sorry Tman, hope your bud recovers. Sounds like he'll need some support from good friends, take care of that. ;)