PDA

View Full Version : what to do to powder coat?

dabombdale
08-24-2002, 05:29 PM
i would like to powder coat my kick starter on my blaster, i was wondering if i would need to get the other stuff off first, because there is some kind of paint on there now i think, but what would i need to do, or would the guy i take it to take care of everything?

sprt400ex
08-24-2002, 05:34 PM
it will need to be sandblasted first. contact CHRIS WATERS. you can send it to him and **** do it. he has some AWESOME work.

Pappy
08-24-2002, 05:37 PM
u can strip it with paint stripper or sand it off. the guy doin the pc should be able to do it but he may take a buck off for you doing it.

the peice has to be bare metal...just becareful it dont rust on ya before ya get it to him

dabombdale
08-24-2002, 06:06 PM
i think he might do it for me, he is the best guy i knew, me does body work for cars and stuff, so he has a powder coating machine, my dad has a polaris and he had a hole in his belt cover and the guy did it for a pair of BOOTS!!!!!!! and my dad backed into a pole(don't ask) and he was insisting to fix the tail gate and bumper for free, but my dad told him he had to pay and gave him $100 he is a nice guy so i think he might do it for cheap.