View Full Version : 2006 450R how to get more power question

Abrannan19
08-10-2006, 01:52 PM
questions..Some of the may make you think im and idiot..but the only dumb question is the one you dont ask.

# 1 can you stroke a motor and use the same pistions and and stock bore?

# 2 what is envolved in a port and polish? What will I have to change?

# 3 How much power would I pick up from a port and polish?

# 4 What do you think would be a fair price to make an 06 450R a stroker and port and polish it?

Thanks guys I know there are plenty of you who know the answer to my question so Thanks in adavnce.:confused:

DirtDevilBT
08-10-2006, 05:00 PM
1: yes, but you don't want to use the stock piston for that, there are stronger ones out there made for strokers. The crank and rod would be changed to make it a stroker, you could technically use the stock piston because most stroker kits don't move the wristpin location on the piston. I am not 100% sure, but in a 383 chevy you can use stock pistons.:rolleyes: which is dumb too

2: You do not have to change anything for a P&P. You take it to a professional and they rework your intake and exhaust ports to match the powerband you want. If you get a P&P, it would only be worth it if you already have a cam and piston, otherwise those should be first.

3: Not a lot, but again you do it when everything else is already done. Port work is to match what you have currently. My R is set up for low end torque and great midrange, my porting matches this set up.

4: My portwork with new KW valves cost me about 250, but I knew the guy so I might have gotten a deal. It was also blueprinted I believe so I can have more done later. Stroker kits you will need to look on the internet at sites like NMotion or whoever does stroker kits. Pick up a dirtwheel magazine and thumb through it looking at the ads.

TCracin440ex
08-10-2006, 05:37 PM
im going to say if all you have done to your bike is the HRC kit then there are alot more ways to get power out of your bike other then stroking the motor....

for instance a 13:1 piston...fallback is u gotta run race gas all the time or predet. will occur

you can get you a more agressive cam....i know the hrc cam is nothing but the CRF 450 cam...curtis sparks has a good line of drop in cams for the 450r...

but if i was you i would not stroke my motor...

judging from your signature you dont even have a full exhaust yet...that would really help out...

port work would be a plus if you already had those mentioned above...