PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Dial-A-Jet on a 400EX?

Xplocivic
08-10-2006, 01:48 PM
I was thinking about going to the Dial-A-Jet system. Has anyone ever used it and what are your opinions on it? Seems pretty simple. Not too expensive. Or is it just being lazy and not wanting to change jetting everytime the weather/temperature changes for the seasons. Thanks.

02440exkid
08-10-2006, 02:24 PM
well i heard that it does not work well if you do wheels it shuts off or sumthing

H400exRacr
08-10-2006, 03:22 PM
Ive installed a bunch of them and they are very easy to put on. They work great and ive never heard of them shutting off. You still need to get your jets in the general working area your engine likes with its modification but after that you can fine tune it for changes in weather and elevation.

Dirt wheels did a test on one on a 400ex and they loved it. They said it was one of the best items you could buy for a carburator.

Xplocivic
08-10-2006, 03:25 PM
sweet. I'll have to look up that dirtwheels article.

F-16Guy
08-11-2006, 07:43 AM
I've heard good things, too, especially if you ride at locations with big elevation changes. It seems like it would also be good to fine-tune jetting when you have big weather changes.

Eviltanker
08-11-2006, 08:50 AM
So do you still need to rejet with that and a K&N with airboxlid removed and an exhaust (stock header new pipe)?

blaster77
08-11-2006, 10:09 AM
xplocivic your from project blaster arnt you

ktyfz
08-11-2006, 10:23 AM
I run one on my wifes 440EX and it's great! Very quick to tune. I've thought about getting one for all my quads.

Xplocivic
08-11-2006, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by blaster77
xplocivic your from project blaster arnt you

Yeah, but seeing how I don't have my Blaster anymore, I'll be posting here and there some.

Xplocivic
08-11-2006, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by ktyfz
I run one on my wifes 440EX and it's great! Very quick to tune. I've thought about getting one for all my quads.

So how easy was it to install? And you haven't found any negative side-effects?

ktyfz
08-11-2006, 10:54 AM
For the most part, it is pretty easy to install. Hardest part was drilling and tapping a hole in the carb. I haven't had any negative side effects. I really like it overall and it has been handy for tuning. Dail-A-Jet in combo with a Jet4Power setup would be killer.

H400exRacr
08-11-2006, 02:52 PM
You still need to rejet the bike to the aproximate area of where it needs to be......the dial-a-jet is just a fine tuning device to get it perfectly jetted.

If you have your bike jetted right you dont need to remove your air box lid......all this does is turn your engine into a sand blaster and ruin it. If you wanna get more air in your box go onto rockymountainatv.com and buy a k&n power lid air box cover. This is a airbox lid with a filtering system taking over the top of the lid so you can get more air in the engine and not ruin it at the same time.

Eviltanker
08-11-2006, 04:42 PM
I was thinking an outerwears cover since I have one sitting on my shop bench.

ktyfz
08-11-2006, 05:07 PM
Exactly the setup I have. It's basically a square hole in the top of the lid with an Outerware riveted over the hole. There's a kit you can buy, but the name of it is slipping my mind..

flauge
08-11-2006, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by ktyfz
Exactly the setup I have. It's basically a square hole in the top of the lid with an Outerware riveted over the hole. There's a kit you can buy, but the name of it is slipping my mind.. EHS racing's got em. They work pretty good to keep water and dirt out. I think there round 40 something dollars...

krt400ex
08-12-2006, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by H400exRacr

Dirt wheels did a test on one on a 400ex and they loved it. They said it was one of the best items you could buy for a carburator.

x2, they said that it gave them a little more top end and it revved as fast as if it had a pipe, but theres was stock. sounds like a good deal to me