PDA

View Full Version : Matt Smiley after summer brake

quadsrfun
08-10-2006, 10:44 AM
Do you think Matt Smiley will be on the polaris after the brake? What do you think he will be on next year? I hope he goes with the honda 450r.....:D :macho

Big Chuck
08-10-2006, 04:31 PM
He is contractually obligated to only ride Polaris for this year, he has no choice unless he wants a law suit from a multi-billion dollar company. It's just sad that this year turned out the way it did between the two. Hopefully Polaris will get someone that really loves its quads and does well on them. All the other factory riders that polaris sponsors are doing great.

bradley300
08-11-2006, 07:59 AM
anyone find out what the deal is with him this year? i mean to go from 5th overall last year to doing horrible this year, there had to be some issue. i thought maybe the outlaw just want for him, but it didnt get any better on his predator. is he hurt and not teling anyone you think? or maybe its his elka shocks?

polaris bob
08-12-2006, 08:54 AM
Maybe he just sucks????? LOL

scramblerracer
08-12-2006, 10:41 AM
Maybe we will see him on the 525 Outlaw after the break.

bradley300
08-12-2006, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by polaris bob
Maybe he just sucks????? LOL

i doubt it, if it werent for throw outs, he would have had a championship a few years ago. 99 or 01 i think. and no one goes from 5th overall to 15th in one year without something major going wrong

PlayHard
08-20-2006, 07:25 PM
He sure seems to have some bad luck this year.

Although he has got a holeshot a couple times and not been able to stay up there.

I think it is the Elkas. They were junk on the Outlaw and that is the only change on the Predator that was made from last year.

Too bad he can't run that 525 since it is not production yet. Maybe he will be testing it for them still and maybe that will get him or someone else excited to run for them next year.

gbcap
08-21-2006, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by Big Chuck
He is contractually obligated to only ride Polaris for this year, he has no choice unless he wants a law suit from a multi-billion dollar company. It's just sad that this year turned out the way it did between the two. Hopefully Polaris will get someone that really loves its quads and does well on them. All the other factory riders that polaris sponsors are doing great.

too bad he and polaris split ways earlier this year and they begged him to come back and finish out the year with them. i doubt he would get lawsuit cause that would look bad for polaris. but he wouldn't get a deal with anyone else if he split.

TYLER329
08-22-2006, 05:52 AM
I say get a big name on the 525 Outlaw for next year. Chris Jenks, Yokely, doesn't matter who, they all rock. If Polaris would pony up the money for some new blood I think that they could win a championship on the 525 and probably sell more sport quads. Just my opinion.

Prey
08-22-2006, 07:05 AM
^^^ i would agree with you tyler, there are some very fast guys out who lack a factory ride/factory salary such as borich, jenks, johnson, mcgill, houston and several others. yokley is zuki backed and i doubt he would give that up

I am sure one of them would sure like free machines and a big fat pay check to match, polaris just needs to make sure the outlaw is going to hold up to one of those riders, i heard while smiley is fairly tough on a bike (and was having several frame breaking failures), he is no where near as tough on equipment as say a borich

im not tryin to start rumors either, i dont really know borich outside of a conversation once, and i have no idea if he would even consider an offer from polaris, i was just pointing out that if someone like him signed on, polaris would really need to re-think design and up-keep

gpcap, if by beg you mean polaris threatened a civil suit if he breached contract, then yes they begged LOL. if you recall smiley had a 450R at one GNCC he was going to race but instead he DNS, there is probably a very good reason for that :blah:

scramblerracer
08-22-2006, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Prey
^^^ i would agree with you tyler, there are some very fast guys out who lack a factory ride/factory salary such as borich, jenks, johnson, mcgill, houston and several others. yokley is zuki backed and i doubt he would give that up

I am sure one of them would sure like free machines and a big fat pay check to match, polaris just needs to make sure the outlaw is going to hold up to one of those riders, i heard while smiley is fairly tough on a bike (and was having several frame breaking failures), he is no where near as tough on equipment as say a borich

im not tryin to start rumors either, i dont really know borich outside of a conversation once, and i have no idea if he would even consider an offer from polaris, i was just pointing out that if someone like him signed on, polaris would really need to re-think design and up-keep

gpcap, if by beg you mean polaris threatened a civil suit if he breached contract, then yes they begged LOL. if you recall smiley had a 450R at one GNCC he was going to race but instead he DNS, there is probably a very good reason for that :blah:

Prey is gay

I heard that Death will be on a 525 outlaw next season in the pro class with Kunhle

Prey
08-22-2006, 09:30 PM
why i gotta be gay you ***, i heard you are gonna move up from the predator to a TRX250EX, dont be scared of the extra power

trx400exxracer
09-20-2006, 07:03 PM
why i gotta be gay you ***, i heard you are gonna move up from the predator to a TRX250EX, dont be scared of the extra power

at least he would have the power on a Honda instead of the Polaris that never ran

J/K no flamming i had to do it lol:D

Evasiveone
09-22-2006, 07:58 AM
Not looking for a bunch of arguing or flaming but a serious question!!

Doesn't the stock Predator 500 have more hp than the stock 450R?

I also agree with the others, Smiley has something else going on that cannot be blamed on the machine and I bet it has more to do with mental attitude than anything. He wants out of his contract and letting this interfere with his focus.

gbcap
09-22-2006, 09:06 AM

no, they actually paid him more money to finish out the season. he had ways out if the bike doesn't perform and they didn't do anything about it. which it didn't seem like they were to me. somewhat credible source on this info. so i might be wrong, but i tend to believe my source.

CHADHIX
09-22-2006, 01:15 PM
That is not correct. He was obligated to finish the season to fill his contract.

TYLER329
09-22-2006, 01:19 PM
Chadix, check you dealer order schedule. Outlaw 525 is showing up. I just moved the two i'm getting to 12/4/06!! Who is going to ride the 525 next year in the pro class?

CHADHIX
09-22-2006, 01:39 PM
I will check it out!!!!!!!!!!!:D

cdalejef
09-22-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by TYLER329
Chadix, check you dealer order schedule. Outlaw 525 is showing up. I just moved the two i'm getting to 12/4/06!! Who is going to ride the 525 next year in the pro class?

:uhoh:

CHADHIX
09-22-2006, 02:55 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!! They are coming!!!! I got word that I will see one very soon for Stephanie... Cant wait:D :D :D :D

scramblerracer
09-22-2006, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@TireBalls
:uhoh:

Will be see big poppa fro on the new 525 outlaw for 2007 in the front row?

CHADHIX
09-22-2006, 03:29 PM
He needs to be!!!!!!!!!:cool: :cool:

trx400exxracer
09-22-2006, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by TYLER329

Is this Tyler Lenig?

cdalejef
09-22-2006, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by scramblerracer
Will be see big poppa fro on the new 525 outlaw for 2007 in the front row?

I wish!

scramblerracer
09-24-2006, 09:11 AM
Jeff- have you approched Polaris? Didn't you race an outlaw this year in the morning at one of the GNCC? Polaris needs a new Pro advocate racer to get something going. I wish Matt all the best but Polaris could be sitting on a goldmine with this new 525 Outlaw. If someone can put in a good season showing this thing won't fall apart they will sell much better than the 06 outlaw.

cdalejef
09-24-2006, 03:01 PM
Ya, I raced it at Sparta. The race report should be up on here soon. I'll be racing it again at St Clairsville.

scramblerracer
09-24-2006, 03:25 PM
Thats cool Jeff. Good luck- impress the Polaris reps and ride that thing crazy fast.

kc8pnd
09-26-2006, 06:04 PM
Can't wait to see this thing in action. Chad I sent a PM.