PDA

View Full Version : Taking my lisence test

Rico400
08-10-2006, 09:40 AM
Hey imma about to take my test in like 5 hours or so and i was wondering what are some things i should remeber for this test. Seems like alot of people get knocked down for not looking over there shoulders so imma do that and check my mirrors alot for no reason.

lol i dont think ive even been so nerous for a test and its not for another 5 hours! :ermm:

miller821
08-10-2006, 09:49 AM
I haven't taken my test yet, but I forget what way to turn my wheels when parking up/downhill. :eek: I hope they don't take away to many points for it, but I got another 2 weeks b4 I take mine.

initall
08-10-2006, 09:51 AM
Don't speed, i did and i did not pass my first test......

400exstud
08-10-2006, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by ride hard man
I haven't taken my test yet, but I forget what way to turn my wheels when parking up/downhill. :eek: I hope they don't take away to many points for it, but I got another 2 weeks b4 I take mine.

UCLA - uphill - curb - left - always

everything is to the right

nosliw
08-10-2006, 09:56 AM
don't apologize when/if you screw up.

try and not get worked up over it, once it's over you'll see how it wasn't even worth the stress

nosliw
08-10-2006, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by 400exstud
UCLA - uphill - curb - left - always

everything is to the right

i thought it was always s if your car started rolling that it would roll back or into the curb.

so if you're parked uphill, next to a curb, you want your wheels turned right, right? cause then you'd roll back into it.

if it was turned left then it could easily skid the curb and roll out into traffic.

i think? :D

400exrider99
08-10-2006, 10:06 AM
use common sence

08-10-2006, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Rico400
Hey imma about to take my test in like 5 hours or so and i was wondering what are some things i should remeber for this test. Seems like alot of people get knocked down for not looking over there shoulders so imma do that and check my mirrors alot for no reason.

lol i dont think ive even been so nerous for a test and its not for another 5 hours! :ermm:

Thank God it's not a spelling test!!

NorCalRacer
08-10-2006, 10:09 AM
Don't be nervous, just take it easy and you'll be fine. Oh yeah, what do you drive? I'm always on the watch for "new drivers":devil:

JK Good Luck

08-10-2006, 10:16 AM
make sure the tester has his seatbelt on before you even put the key near the ignition...here in pa...a state cop administers the test...or at least they did 17 years ago. when the officer takes his gun off and places it beside you, don't grab it and say "stick 'em up"...

bwamos
08-10-2006, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by nosliw
i thought it was always s if your car started rolling that it would roll back or into the curb.

so if you're parked uphill, next to a curb, you want your wheels turned right, right? cause then you'd roll back into it.

if it was turned left then it could easily skid the curb and roll out into traffic.

i think? :D

If theres a curb you turn the wheel so you use the wheel as a wheel stop. Uphill - Turn left Downhill - Turn Right.

No curb, you turn it so your car will roll into the grass and not another car. uphill - turn right downhill - turn left.

nosliw
08-10-2006, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by bwamos
If theres a curb you turn the wheel so you use the wheel as a wheel stop. Uphill - Turn left Downhill - Turn Right.

No curb, you turn it so your car will roll into the grass and not another car. uphill - turn right downhill - turn left.

with that said, how many people actually do that? :D

i had this 85 or so celica that was a 5spd. the ebrake didn't work and the engine had so little compression that it would creep forward when in 1st gear if the hill was steep enough. i usually just butted it up against a friends truck :o

Rico400
08-10-2006, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Kyle_TQRA
Thank God it's not a spelling test!!

Ok my bad, im sorry i spell so bad.

But anyways thanks for the help guys. Im sure i will do fine, but you never know. It doesn't help that everyone i talk to says they failed there first time.... But the place i decided to take my test at has 2 street lights in the entire town, so i wont have to worry much about crazy intersections. But im taking it in a huge 4 door truck :ermm: lol im rambelling now.

Their isn't many hills so i don't think i will need to worry about which way to turn the tires on the curb

JRP
08-10-2006, 11:36 AM
dont speed, always use turn signal, dont roll through stop signs, keep both hands on wheel, etc...

DieselBoy
08-10-2006, 12:02 PM
dont be a smartass in any form to the tester, check your shoulder, allllwayssss signal, dont speed, and do exactly what they say.. you shouldnt have a problem

08-10-2006, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Rico400
Ok my bad, im sorry i spell so bad.

But anyways thanks for the help guys. Im sure i will do fine, but you never know. It doesn't help that everyone i talk to says they failed there first time.... But the place i decided to take my test at has 2 street lights in the entire town, so i wont have to worry much about crazy intersections. But im taking it in a huge 4 door truck :ermm: lol im rambelling now.

Their isn't many hills so i don't think i will need to worry about which way to turn the tires on the curb

Good ol' NJ... We don't have to take the test in the streets. We stay in a parking lot. And parallel parking- 2 cones 40ft apart:cool:

400exstud
08-10-2006, 01:34 PM
In WI we don't have to parallel park

Blue_Streak23
08-10-2006, 01:56 PM
Make sure to keep both hands on the wheel.

>>I think you might have already taken the test though.:D

FasstMidnightZ
08-10-2006, 03:37 PM
Haha, pay attention in the class you take before you get it. It can work wonders. It's not hard. Just don't do anything stupid. I took mine in a Jeep. Some of my friends took them in full size trucks. It's easy man.

Rico400
08-10-2006, 04:25 PM
lol ya thxx for the support guys. I passed ;).... After the test the instructor says you must be from the city lol.

And ya it was a lil struggle take the test in a big full size truck for someone like me that doesnt drive much and is nervous as heck trying to park and get out of a tiny parking lot full of cars.

But i passed, only thing he said i should have done was look in my blind spot when turning. I didnt even think of it because it was a small 2 lane country type of road, i looked behind me but not in my left mirror to make sure nobody was coming behind me... which i thought was weird cuz its impossible for someone to pass me from behind.... but i didnt argue i got the lisence and im good to go :devil: :devil: :devil:

400exstud
08-10-2006, 04:28 PM
Good for you. Its quite strange driving by yourself the first time isn't it? Peaceful:cool:

NorCalRacer
08-10-2006, 10:55 PM
Congratulations:)

08-10-2006, 11:01 PM
Congrats:macho :blah:

enduro400rider
08-10-2006, 11:03 PM
haha i remember my test. it was snowing pretty bad and i HAD to pass because i was going to cleveland to pick up my car the next day so it was either pass or drive illeagle. i remeber the lady came out and was all mad cuz i didnt have the car started when she came out :confused: . so after she got it i was all nervous and she kept telling me your fine just take a deep breath you dont need to be nervous :rolleyes: . i ended up passing (i went to the easiest place) i ran over a cone it parallel parking and she told me dont worry about it, it was snowing :devil:

Rico400
08-10-2006, 11:54 PM
lol thats funny, this was deffinantly one of the hardest test ive had, well besides my biology final.