PDA

View Full Version : Front Brake Frustration

Green95Hoe
08-10-2006, 07:56 AM
This is extremely odd. I was going rollin down a stone hill pile last weekend and bottomed out a little at the bottom. No big deal really, just had to pull some 3/4" stone out from between my wheels and rotors. Anyway I drive off and find taht the front brake lever is spongy and the lever squeezes all the way to the grip. Front tire wont brake either. I checked the whole thing through and through. Rotors are straight, no leaks anywhere, no pinched lines. I purged the entire system with compressed air and triple bled the whole system. Drove it around and worked the lever. I think the front left wheel is working equal to the right one but the lever is still spongy as hell. Just doesnt get solid like it used to... any ideas guys? This absolutely happened when I bottomed the front out.

~Brad

Speed_MDS2
08-10-2006, 09:51 AM
If you haven't already, pull your calipers off and inspect them ,the mounting brackets and the pads for damage. If your certain your not leaking fluid anywhere than it seems like it would have to be damage to the mounting system somewhere, though it is odd that both sides feel even. Let us know what you find.