PDA

View Full Version : Motowoz or Axis

korniev
08-10-2006, 04:04 AM
I had some hard times thinking on this one. Is there someone who tried them both? Any advice?

bradley300
08-10-2006, 08:22 AM
for the price of motowoz, you can buy new set of axis, and have them re-valved to be better than the motowoz and still come out cheaper than buying the motowoz shocks. i like the motowoz shocks, but they are worth the money considering the other options

1ride2for-god
08-10-2006, 09:50 AM
Get Either Elka or Fox shocks. You will probly spend quite a bit more money on them, but you'll have better shocks. Do your reserch, find the one you like best, thats the best advice about buying I can give you. God bless you gyz.:)

bradley300
08-10-2006, 10:11 AM
the motowoz are the most expensive. i was quoted nearly 1800 for 16 inch comp and rebound adjust fronts only

fandl450r
08-10-2006, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by 1ride2for-god
Get Either Elka or Fox shocks. You will probly spend quite a bit more money on them, but you'll have better shocks. Do your reserch, find the one you like best, thats the best advice about buying I can give you. God bless you gyz.:)

Fox yes, Elka's you must be joking. In my opinion Axis is the top if not one of the top 3 shock manufacturers out there. They make a damn good shock, and have pretty good customer service to boot. You won't be disapointed with Custom Axis.

pudamac12
08-10-2006, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by bradley300
the motowoz are the most expensive. i was quoted nearly 1800 for 16 inch comp and rebound adjust fronts only

are you high man. motowoz prices are the same price as custom axis or elka. and for whoever said to get the axis revalved with motowoz you don't have to. Jim the owner has arguably the best valving skills in the industry. and due to design of the adjusters they are way more responsive to changes on the compression and rebound adjustments then any shock I have ridden and that is why I have purchased two sets one for each of my quad.

and the 1800 would be for titanium springs.

Franky G
08-10-2006, 12:37 PM
I got a set of custom axis on my 400EX and their hard to beat way better then elka and the others.....

DJJ450r
08-10-2006, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by fandl450r
Fox yes, Elka's you must be joking. In my opinion Axis is the top if not one of the top 3 shock manufacturers out there. They make a damn good shock, and have pretty good customer service to boot. You won't be disapointed with Custom Axis. :macho I love my axis and would never buy elka. I was considering motowoz but I've never ridden a bike with them and I didn't want to risk it:blah:

cchrider
08-11-2006, 12:03 AM
Man I just dont understand why everyone hates Elka. I mean I understand that they have valving issue's but I still think they are great shocks. That is what I am running and for the shock period I think is a great shock. They did get my valving right. But with the valving right I think they are great shocks just as good as others.JMO

korniev
08-11-2006, 01:06 AM
Guys why do you switch to Elka, Fox and all that crap. My question was AXIS or MOTOWOZ. If somebody tried them both please tell me the difference. I would never buy any other shocks. I think it is not worth it to buy shocks that need to be revalved.

pudamac12
08-11-2006, 03:58 AM
korniev i have ridden both and have since purchased two sets of motowoz. They key factor is adjustability and how responsive the motowoz's were to adjustments made on the set i got to ride before purchasing. the axis were damn good but they didn't feel as good to me and i tried to dial them in as best as i could. If you spend the money on them i promise you won't be disapointed.

korniev
08-11-2006, 04:38 AM
Ok, I see!
Thanks

Chango
08-11-2006, 10:05 PM
I am thinking of buying Motowoz. Like the look and i just want to change and see what the diffrence is.I may buy the rear first then spring for the front since i have long travel TCS..By the way i like TCS they are great but i would like to have a little more adjustment...