PDA

View Full Version : In search of more power

Architects
08-10-2006, 12:52 AM
On the search for more power on a definate budget. A few things to mention.

- Im bone stock
- I have a 4 year warranty and would like to try and keep it.
- setting it up for Mx

That being said Im looking for gains thoughtout the whole Rpm range. I was thinking about starting off with an Hrc kit and Nmotion exhaust. Also possibly considering Dasa.

- Does anyone have any info on the new Nmotion pipes. I know there were a few dyno runs done on the old version but have yet to seen any info/Dyno runs on the new ones. Also you have the choice of a 9 or 12 inch can? Im assuming this will alter where the power comes on. Whats going to be more lowend and more topened lengthwise.

http://nmotionatv.com/trx450r.html

These are going to be my planned first 2 mods. Im considering a few more things Although I will be voiding my warranty and am not yet sure about these.

- A BW 12.25 piston.
- Lighter flywheel. I think Trailtech makes a -6 oz and was considering this.
- Fcr Carb. What size would be good? What all do I need to run this.
- Big Gun overrev box. +800 Rpms. I know Dynatek or vortex will be better But this is going to be a budget build. How will the stock valvetrain handle this?

This is all I have planned for now. Am I heading in the right direction. Input appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Lets not turn this into a huge warranty discussion please

400exrider707
08-10-2006, 01:04 AM
I dont think you can really do any of the stuff you want without voiding that warranty. Every racer I know doesn't even bother with the extended warranty because they know its void once it touches a track, or once any motor mods have been done.

firefighterjosh
08-10-2006, 01:43 AM
If you want your warranty just go for the HRC Kit

Architects
08-10-2006, 01:50 AM
I was told no internal mods by my dealer like piston etc. They said exhaust was ok.

firefighterjosh
08-10-2006, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Architects
I was told no internal mods by my dealer like piston etc. They said exhaust was ok.

Does the dealer have to install it?

Architects
08-10-2006, 02:14 AM
They will be installing my Hrc kit as I do not want to fool with it. Exhaust I will do. I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO STRAY AWAY FROM A HUGE WARRANTY DISCUSSION!!

firefighterjosh
08-10-2006, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Architects
They will be installing my Hrc kit as I do not want to fool with it. Exhaust I will do. I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO STRAY AWAY FROM A HUGE WARRANTY DISCUSSION!!

Well we have to ask questions about it to help you. Alot of warranty you have to let the dealer work on your quad in order to keep the warranty..sounds like you already did your homework

Architects
08-10-2006, 02:54 AM
Yah I know. Im not really worried about the warranty Aspect right now and I just didnt want this turning into a huge warranty debate. Any input on my combo? Would anyone change anything.