PDA

View Full Version : Sale price predictions?

250Renvy
08-09-2006, 09:26 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1986-HONDA-TRX-250-R-THE-BEST-IN-THE-COUNTRY_W0QQitemZ190018342919QQihZ009QQcategoryZ67 24QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I say no sale - no gold wheels ( Rich should show him up)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1986-Honda-250R_W0QQitemZ190018741195QQihZ009QQcategoryZ6724Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1986-Honda-250R_W0QQitemZ190018740053QQihZ009QQcategoryZ6724Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
How cool to have a blue and a red one.
I say $4400 each.

Rich250RRacer
08-09-2006, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by 250Renvy
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1986-HONDA-TRX-250-R-THE-BEST-IN-THE-COUNTRY_W0QQitemZ190018342919QQihZ009QQcategoryZ67 24QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I say no sale - no gold wheels ( Rich should show him up)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1986-Honda-250R_W0QQitemZ190018741195QQihZ009QQcategoryZ6724Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1986-Honda-250R_W0QQitemZ190018740053QQihZ009QQcategoryZ6724Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
How cool to have a blue and a red one.
I say $4400 each.

How many things can you find on it that are not right, besides the wheels? Now mine is not 100% perfect, but it's close, and the very few things that aren't exact would take a very trained eye to find. I don't know if he's claiming it's brand new, out of the crate (that's what it sounds like to me), but that quad is RESTORED.

Here's what I see
-No front hood decal (Mine wasn't on in most of my pics, but it is now)
-Silver wheels
-Wrong gas cap
-Oil mixture decal in the wrong place (86-87 on the headlight, 88-89 on the handlebars)
-Looks to be a replacement Honda seat, which has the taller 88-89 foam (my quad had the same seat when I took all the pics that everybody has seen, but I found a new old stock, correct height seat since those pics were taken and it is now on the quad)

I emailed him about all of these items, we'll see what he has to say. It's a very high quality restoration, but it is a restoration, not what he's trying to pass it off as.

elbine69
08-09-2006, 10:27 PM
the way I read it is that the motor and frame are original and the rest of the parts are new parts from honda that are like the original parts. It is nice nonetheless.

Rich250RRacer
08-09-2006, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by elbine69
the way I read it is that the motor and frame are original and the rest of the parts are new parts from honda that are like the original parts. It is nice nonetheless.

If the motor and frame are that clean, then why would everything else need replaced? Even a quad that's been ridden only slightly will show marks on the case and frame. What could have been wrong with all the cosmetics that required replacing? It is a Very nice quad though, but I could make it better.:D

250r4life
08-09-2006, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by elbine69

to me the way he has written it is he is trying to imply that it was taken off the show room floow and stored the last 20 years and is all original... he is full of SHIZ! he is clearly trying to deceive people.

Rich250RRacer
08-10-2006, 05:04 AM
I found another. The rear caliper has been replaced. If you look closely, you can see that the rear caliper mounting bracket is black (this is the piece that has the slider pin for the caliper). If it were original, it would be the same color as the caliper. The Honda replacement comes with it painted black.

PTMracing
08-10-2006, 06:06 AM
My question is.......why take the motor out? If it indeed HAS NOT been restored? .....He DOES use the word "original" alot... He does say, and I quote..."Machine is all NEW Honda parts. Every part is new Honda as original." .......AS original.....yeah...he's definately trying to snow people. Dang! Can people really get that much out of a Brand New, untouched "R" ( what he allegedly has)?

250Renvy
08-10-2006, 09:59 AM
I really doubt he'll get his price, even as a restoration it would be worth that but he has too many things wrong. If you look at the tires too, they are 300ex tires/rims. I also don't get the last pic w/ the black stator cover - of course that stands out.

I wish there was a way to find out how many mint stock original 250Rs are out there and how many truely restored to brand new shape are out there?

Rich - I was wondering, I haven't seen the pics in a while but did you get all the frame decals put back on?

Rich250RRacer
08-10-2006, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by 250Renvy
I really doubt he'll get his price, even as a restoration it would be worth that but he has too many things wrong. If you look at the tires too, they are 300ex tires/rims. I also don't get the last pic w/ the black stator cover - of course that stands out.

I wish there was a way to find out how many mint stock original 250Rs are out there and how many truely restored to brand new shape are out there?

Rich - I was wondering, I haven't seen the pics in a while but did you get all the frame decals put back on?

The only one I can't find is the decal that goes on the right vertical tube behind the radiator. I believe it has coolant info and warnings on it. I can't find one NOS and haven't been able to get one reproduced. I tried to remove one from another chassis to send it in and get duplicated, but it came off in little pieces. :grr:

addictedtomud
08-10-2006, 07:45 PM
Hey Rich - another point to ponder...the rear fenders on a factory 86 and 87 have the tire psi info molded into it. This would be by your left rear butt cheek when sitting on the quad. I don't see that on this quad! Replacement Honda fenders don't have this...HMMMM! The right front fender should also have info molded into it, but there is no clear pic of this in the auction.

Kyle

Rich250RRacer
08-10-2006, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by addictedtomud
Hey Rich - another point to ponder...the rear fenders on a factory 86 and 87 have the tire psi info molded into it. This would be by your left rear butt cheek when sitting on the quad. I don't see that on this quad! Replacement Honda fenders don't have this...HMMMM! The right front fender should also have info molded into it, but there is no clear pic of this in the auction.

Kyle

Since I sent my questions to him, he has updated the auction. It is restored, but like I said before, if the motor and chassis are that clean, then why did everything else need replaced? Good find on the molded info. Something else caught my eye, and I'll have to check my two stock chassis', I think the lower edge of the model year decal should be visible in the one close-up of the motor. If that decal is gone then I'll have to say that it's been painted or powdered.