PDA

View Full Version : stock exhaust question??

AJ's Blaster
08-09-2006, 07:48 PM
I heard that taking off the spark arrestor on the stock exhaust would add power, but when I took off the endcap to get to the spark arrestor I found it all to be one whole piece. The quad still ran fine without the endcap but I didn't know if it was good. Now first does taking that spark arrestor off add any power and do I cut off the net part of it or run it withe the endcap off, will that hurt it in power or reliability. I do have an aftermarket exhaust coming but I can't get it off my friend for another month so I am looking for a quick fix for now. Thanks.

Wheelie
08-09-2006, 08:02 PM
Keep the spark arrestor, remove the small center core.

AJ's Blaster
08-09-2006, 08:08 PM
how would I go about getting that piece out??

Wheelie
08-09-2006, 08:11 PM
Take a cutoff wheel and carefully remove the spark arrestor. Look at insert and draw a line where it starts to taper down to the smaller core. Cut the core out. Clean the burrs, slide the spark arrestor back in place, tack weld it and go.

Sorry don't have any pics. Look at the tip and you'll see what I mean.

H400exRacr
08-10-2006, 03:25 PM
it doesnt do anything to your bike except make an obnoxious noise. Save your money and get a nice HMF bill ballance slip on and a fmf power bomb head pipe........you'll be extremely happy with it.

400exstud
08-10-2006, 04:35 PM
HMF full system makes more power.

idontknowwhoiam
08-11-2006, 09:21 AM
i just bolted up a HMF slip on lastnight and it sounds waay better then takin ur end cap off(imo its loud and chitty sounding)..with a foam filter lid on and the hmf slip on i took it out with stock jets and it ran fine....