PDA

View Full Version : TCS Customer service???

Dune Surfer
08-09-2006, 07:34 PM
Hey, I was just wondering about TCS customer service. I hear they make great shocks, but I'm not so sure about the way they treat thier customers. Let me explain, I ordered a new set of front shocks from them about three weeks ago and droped off my rear for a rebuild. They told me it would be a week and a half. OK fine. I called after a week and a half to ask if they were ready and explained I wanted to take a trip this weekend and wanted to know if they would be done. Their answer, I don't know, they are not back from being anadised (SP) and I don't know when we will get them. Then silence. WTF. How about this, Hey thanks for choosing us, Let me make a call and I'll let you know so you can plan your trip..
I hate service like that, You pay hundreds and hundreds of dollars to a company and they treat you like your bothering them when you call at the time THEY said it would be complete.

Honestly, If they had my shock I would pick it up, tell them no thanks, and send it to Derisi who treats his customers like gold. Customer service is king, so my recomendation, go with Derisi.

Pappy
08-09-2006, 07:37 PM
Sometimes its best to use an outside company, for TCS I use C&D

And I couldnt agree more about customer service

red4r
08-09-2006, 07:40 PM
hmm thats strange i've herd that had the best customer service?

Dune Surfer
08-09-2006, 07:40 PM
Pappy is a great example of killer customer service. If pappy does something for you you can count on him making sure your happy.

Dune Surfer
08-09-2006, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by red4r
hmm thats strange i've herd that had the best customer service?

I'm just pissed because this will be my last chance to go somewhere before Glamis season and I can't get an answer from them. BS I say

Dune Surfer
08-09-2006, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Sometimes its best to use an outside company, for TCS I use C&D

And I couldnt agree more about customer service

C&D is another example of fantastic service. Colby and Dusty rule!!

Pappy
08-09-2006, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Dune Surfer
C&D is another example of fantastic service. Colby and Dusty rule!!

Yep, I also do not refer folks to someone unless I know they bend over backwards to do the right thing:)

Dune Surfer
08-09-2006, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Yep, I also do not refer folks to someone unless I know they bend over backwards to do the right thing:)

Thats what these companies need to know, we are all a big family here, we let others know how we are treated. When my large groop of riding buddies ask my about my shocks, I'll steer them towards Derisi or C&D. thats the way it works.

LT250RMan
08-09-2006, 10:53 PM
I phoned TCS today to ask them how much wheel travel i will get with standard travel +2 a-arms and their shocks on a 400ex and he said he did'nt know and he told me to phone lonestar and ask them when it has anything to do with the a-arms because its the shock that limits the wheel travel when you use standard travel a-arms and the guy was kinda a prick to me on the phone to.

400exrider707
08-10-2006, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by LT250RMan
I phoned TCS today to ask them how much wheel travel i will get with standard travel +2 a-arms and their shocks on a 400ex and he said he did'nt know and he told me to phone lonestar and ask them when it has anything to do with the a-arms because its the shock that limits the wheel travel when you use standard travel a-arms and the guy was kinda a prick to me on the phone to.

Shocks are almost never the limit of wheel travel on quads, its the balljoints, so calling the manufacturer of the a-arm would actually probably be the right thing to do. Also I doubt you will get any more travel. They might claim this to make their product look awesome. If you do get more travel it wont be much.

LT250RMan
08-10-2006, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Shocks are almost never the limit of wheel travel on quads, its the balljoints, so calling the manufacturer of the a-arm would actually probably be the right thing to do. Also I doubt you will get any more travel. They might claim this to make their product look awesome. If you do get more travel it wont be much.

How does the ball joints have anything to do with the amount of travel? all the ball joints do is just attach the a-arms and tie rods to the spindles i thought. I'm pretty sure that aftermarket shocks will give you more wheel travel with standard travel a-arms because they have more shaft travel and the shocks are even 1 inch longer than stock so that would give you more travel.

bwamos
08-10-2006, 08:43 AM
How does the ball joints have anything to do with the amount of travel? all the ball joints do is just attach the a-arms and tie rods to the spindles i thought. I'm pretty sure that aftermarket shocks will give you more wheel travel with standard travel a-arms because they have more shaft travel and the shocks are even 1 inch longer than stock so that would give you more travel.

The biggest issue with wheel travel is the ball joints as said. The ball joint can only move so far one direction or the other before it hits the side of the cup binding it up.

A shock can have all the travel in the world. If the ball joint hits, the wheel isn't going to travel anymore. You want to design the shock around the arms so that it bottoms out on the stoppers in both directions before the ball joint binds up. Making the ball joint absorb the bottoming or extension impact is usually why people snap ball joints.

You want to build the shock around the a-arms limitations, not the other way around.

I've actually seen aftermarket a-arms with less wheel travel than the stock a-arms because of poor alignment of the ball joints.

If you get a pro-trax front end.. then you dont have the same issues.. but as long as you have arms with ball joints your ball joint is the limitation.

TBD
08-10-2006, 08:44 AM
The ball joints are what would limit the amount of travel you could get because once they max out the arms will not go any further.
Like I told you in the other forum what Todd would need is the exact length of the a-arm and where the shock mount is located. With that info he could tell you how much travel it has.
Yes a aftermarket shock is going to give you more travel for the reasons you listed but as I said you need more info then that to get a wheel travel number.
If you would call Lonestar and ask them they can give you that info because they designed the arms and should have a shock build in mind (length and shaft travel) when they designed the arms. They might inflate the number just to make there arms look better but let's hope they don't do that.

LT250RMan
08-10-2006, 12:19 PM
Thanks guys i did not know that.

400grl
08-10-2006, 02:05 PM
I have dealt with TCS as well as a number of other shock manufacturers - who I will not name to protect the guilty - and TCS is by far my favorite company to deal with. They are honest, easy to talk with, and very helpful if I have any questions. I have always dealt with Erica, and she is awesome......

Also, there are always two sides to every story, too. Perhaps, if you had let them know that you had a trip planned when you first ordered the shocks, they could have had the opportunity to let you know if they would be done or not, or if you might need to make alternate arrangements for the short term......

I'm just saying....it's very unusual to hear about any poor service on TCS's behalf.......

Dune Surfer
08-10-2006, 04:38 PM
Corry, You are always so nice, I talked to todd, tomorrow I'll call and hopefully I'll get Erica. She seems much better to deal with than Todd. Either way I'm going to Pismo next week. If they Can't give me an answer on completion, I'll go pick them up Monday,done or not and take them to Precision.

400grl
08-11-2006, 09:43 AM
Yeah, see if Erica can help you....she will if she can, I'm sure! Hope you have a good time at Pismo - I have still never been there - it would be cool to make it to the WORCS final there this year!!! :) Have a safe trip!

Dune Surfer
08-14-2006, 01:48 PM
Erica called me and I picked them up Friday at 4:30, went straight home, installed them, loaded up my trailer and drove all night to Coral Pink sand dunes in Utah. I just got back. LOOOOONG drive but Coral Pink is a great place to try out your new shocks. They worked well, never bottomed out and hammered whoops the whole trip. I'm tired and happy:)

400grl
08-14-2006, 02:03 PM
COOL!!! I'm so glad it worked out!!

ACEwrench
08-15-2006, 03:03 PM
i found it odd when i first read this post...Erica was great on the phone with me, and when she couldnt help me, Todd spent 20 min. helping me set up my shocks for supermoto..big thanks to TCS!!!

Dune Surfer
08-15-2006, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by ACEwrench
i found it odd when i first read this post...Erica was great on the phone with me, and when she couldnt help me, Todd spent 20 min. helping me set up my shocks for supermoto..big thanks to TCS!!!

Erica was always sweet, Maybe I caught Todd on a bad day. He should let Erica deal with all the customers. Todd was nice as can be when I picked up my shocks.

Colby@C&DRacing
08-16-2006, 07:50 AM
Everyone at TCS is great to deal with. I am sure no one there ever meant to be short with you, They are swamped all the time like we are and sometimes your mind is preoccupied with other stuff and you don't answer every question as you should. You have to remember that when you call alot of companies you are getting someone behind a desk. A smaller company like TCS requires the guy hand building your shocks to also answer the phone and take order along with deal with walkin traffic all while trying to make every customer happy with getting shocks and service out on time.;)

Dune Surfer
08-16-2006, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
Everyone at TCS is great to deal with. I am sure no one there ever meant to be short with you, They are swamped all the time like we are and sometimes your mind is preoccupied with other stuff and you don't answer every question as you should. You have to remember that when you call alot of companies you are getting someone behind a desk. A smaller company like TCS requires the guy hand building your shocks to also answer the phone and take order along with deal with walkin traffic all while trying to make every customer happy with getting shocks and service out on time.;)

Thats very nice of you to take the time to get involved, but.....they could learn about great customer service from you two.