PDA

View Full Version : LRD exhaust

okbeast
08-09-2006, 07:20 PM
Anyone running LRD exhaust? I have stock bore and stroke right now but am planning on doing some big modifications soon. I know that they're loud too but I don't care, I'm looking for the best power. Oh and it'll be the full system too.

02440exkid
08-09-2006, 07:32 PM
ya i got a lrd exh on my 400ex i love it the riviets seem to fall out but the new ones don't have rivets

Nick shupe
08-09-2006, 07:49 PM
I've been running the LRD exhaust on my 400ex for awhile now, I like the power the it's out but I've found out that they don't hold up very well I've already gone though three of them the header pipe holds up but the rest of it just dosn't hold up. I was thinking about putting a Curtis Sparks on the 400 because that's what I have on my hybrid and I found that it has held up very well.

tim colston
08-10-2006, 05:41 AM
I have the same bike as you and my lrd has held up great. I bought mine used from this site and the sound and power is great.

SET THE STAGE
08-10-2006, 05:36 PM
i've heard they perform well in the higher power range, but from dyno sheets i've seen it shows that the low end power is actually LOWER than stock. so i don't know, depends on what you're wanting to do with your 400ex. like hill climbs, drag, mx, etc.

okbeast
08-10-2006, 05:38 PM
Well I pretty much do everything with it except MX. I ride trails, the occassional Little Sahara trip, and I'm starting to get into drag racing. I think I'm gonna go with a Sparks x-6 instead.