PDA

View Full Version : Brute Force 750 Questions

firefighterjosh
08-09-2006, 07:18 PM
I was thinking of buying a Rhino or a new Can am but they are out of my price range..So Now I am looking at a brute force.

I just want to know how all of you like them..

How fast r they?

I heard ther a rev limiter that kicks in after 100hours and only lets your quad run at 3600 RPMS? Is this true? Is there a way around it?

Also when you mud has the belt ever slipped due to water?

I was also thinking of a new grizz but I want the power and sound of the brute

Thank You

Quad18star
08-09-2006, 08:58 PM
I can't tell you about the rev limiter thing , but I highly doubt it to be true .

Other than that , my experience riding my buddy's Brute Force 750 hasn't been all that great . There is a ton of power , but the bike just feels way too tipy in stock form for me . Also he has been plagued with overheating problems , which seems to be a common occurance with the bike . When the going gets slow or muddy conditions arise , he can't ride for more than 20 minutes without taking a break to let it cool down .

He has also had problems with the instrumentation and with the gear selection for the 4wd.

This is a nearly brand new quad with less than 500 miles on it . He's fed up and is thinking of trading it in .

He has had issues with belt slippage alot also when it gets wet .

I'd suggest you test drive them all and pick which is best for you . My other buddy's King Quad 700 is an awesome machine , I enjoy the feel of my Grizzly

firefighterjosh
08-09-2006, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
I can't tell you about the rev limiter thing , but I highly doubt it to be true .

Other than that , my experience riding my buddy's Brute Force 750 hasn't been all that great . There is a ton of power , but the bike just feels way too tipy in stock form for me . Also he has been plagued with overheating problems , which seems to be a common occurance with the bike . When the going gets slow or muddy conditions arise , he can't ride for more than 20 minutes without taking a break to let it cool down .

He has also had problems with the instrumentation and with the gear selection for the 4wd.

This is a nearly brand new quad with less than 500 miles on it . He's fed up and is thinking of trading it in .

He has had issues with belt slippage alot also when it gets wet .

I'd suggest you test drive them all and pick which is best for you . My other buddy's King Quad 700 is an awesome machine , I enjoy the feel of my Grizzly

Howd the Kind Quad do? Also you have anyproblems with you Grizz? I have had sport quads all my life so I want a spunky 4x4. But I also want something I can just start up and ride. I am just tired of having to put money into my sport machines all the time and I just want something to ride.

Pappy
08-09-2006, 09:22 PM
My brute seems to be doing great. I too felt it was tippy until i got used to the IRS.

No over heating issues, and that includes a 15 mile black trail with a passanger and it was sloooowwwww going, rocks and mud:p

Quad18star
08-09-2006, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
Howd the Kind Quad do? Also you have anyproblems with you Grizz? I have had sport quads all my life so I want a spunky 4x4. But I also want something I can just start up and ride. I am just tired of having to put money into my sport machines all the time and I just want something to ride.

The King Quad runs side by side with the BF . Personally I find the KQ a more comfortable machine for my liking .

I've had 2 problems with my Grizzly so far ..... 1 being the rear brakes , which I found the problem ..... floorboard was applying pressure to the foot lever when I was on the bike .

2nd has been overheating problem , which seems to be a known thing with the 660 Grizzly . It also doesn't help that my brakes were dragging , causing the motor to work harder , and some of the fins are bent to hell .

I'm honestly having more fun with my 4x4 than I was having with my YFZ .... but then again , my Grizzly isn't close to stock which could be affecting my decision .

Quad18star
08-09-2006, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
My brute seems to be doing great. I too felt it was tippy until i got used to the IRS.

No over heating issues, and that includes a 15 mile black trail with a passanger and it was sloooowwwww going, rocks and mud:p

Pappy , have you tried tightening up the suspension from the stock settings? It made a world of a difference on my buddy's machine .

You gotta bring that big ute up this way and I'll show you some mud and nice terrain.

firefighterjosh
08-09-2006, 09:47 PM
I have heard alot of good things from the King Quad. Hows the 4-wheel drive? I have never been a big suzuki 4x4 fan though.

Pappy
08-09-2006, 09:49 PM
No i havent done anything but ride it greg:p

the suki line of 4x4's are great!

Quad18star
08-09-2006, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
I have heard alot of good things from the King Quad. Hows the 4-wheel drive? I have never been a big suzuki 4x4 fan though.

The only thing I don't like about the Suzuki is when you're in 4x4 with the diff-lock , it seems to bounce off the rev limiter WAY too quickly . It might just be my buddy's machine , but it's a real pain in the rear .

Giving you a run down with the other machines , I have 27" ITP 589s on my Grizzly , and when it's in diff-lock I can barely steer it . I very rarely ever use the diff lock because of how hard it is to steer ... then again , I'm not a big guy by any means ... so someone that has more weight to keep them from getting jerked around might find it easier .

I like and don't like the diff-lock system on the Brute Force . What I like is the fact that you can engage it on the fly ... soemthing that can't be done on other machines . What I don't like is the fact that you have to keep the lever pulled in ... there is no locking mechanism ... so if the terrain gets knarly , you're having to worry about not letting your finger slip from the lever .

All 3 quads suck in the mud with stock tires !!!!!!!

Quad18star
08-09-2006, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
No i havent done anything but ride it greg:p

Ahhh .... when you got a few minutes before your next ride , tighten it up a bit and you'll have a vastly improved ride , especially if you happen to ride 2up . It won't feel as if it's going to roll back on you on uphills and it'll improve the bodyroll in corners .

Then again , you can always call up a few buddies at Elka and they'll fix you up in no time . :p

firefighterjosh
08-09-2006, 10:09 PM
LOL "all suck in the mud with stock tires" lmao. My mom has a Bombardie and I like it but it is a little on the slow side for me. It does about 58MPH. I like the new EFI. I have had sport quads all my life, So I know how it is to rejet and adjust the needle and pilot (banshee blows). BUt I would like to get away from that. I don't want a Can am due to the high price I need somethign I can get aroung or under 7k. I kinda like the Suzuki King Quad. from what I have read here and what the mag shootouts say. I just like the power of the Brute. But I have heard they have Heating problems and Also they are carb. But I guess there is just so many possibilities...I just need to ride them. Thanks For the input.

bigbadbrad
08-09-2006, 10:34 PM
i love my king quad. quadstar next time you ride your buddys when you have the diff lock engaged hold down the little gray button on the left side with your thumb, that is the over ride button and it will remove the rev limiter when the diff lock is engaged, and for up to 60 sec in reverse. going from a sport quad to a 4x4 is what i did also and i do like this king quad, very sporty, lots of power, even with the big 27"s on it. i would deffintly go with the kq before the bf escpesialy for the efi.

bigbadbrad
08-09-2006, 10:36 PM
oh yeah and i have had no overheating problems yet, even while riding in 90 plus weather and going along farily slow, under 20 mph

firefighterjosh
08-09-2006, 10:37 PM
Just to let you all know I already have another 4x4 thread. Sorry for the dup.

Quad18star
08-10-2006, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by bigbadbrad
i love my king quad. quadstar next time you ride your buddys when you have the diff lock engaged hold down the little gray button on the left side with your thumb, that is the over ride button and it will remove the rev limiter when the diff lock is engaged, and for up to 60 sec in reverse. going from a sport quad to a 4x4 is what i did also and i do like this king quad, very sporty, lots of power, even with the big 27"s on it. i would deffintly go with the kq before the bf escpesialy for the efi.

I'm not sure if my buddy brought his KQ in or not to the shop to get it looked at , but the problem I was speaking of occured even with the override button pushed in . I believe it's an isolated incident with his machine .

Which 450?
08-13-2006, 03:21 PM
Dont listen to anyone else.... Here is what you need to know about the brute force 750. DO NOT BUY AN '05, they are the problem child, lots of recalls too. I have an '06, it handles better (imo) then a grizzly, and it is quicker. I put a dyna on mine and I hit 75 MPH on the speedo with stock tires, I dont care what anyone says, YES, I hit 75 mph, on flat pavement, it also took me about half a mile to get goin that fast but I got there. I raced a stock z400 on pavement, I had him on the take off, he got me through mids, then I caught up to him around 65 mph and slowly caught up to him. Im 235lbs, he was prolly 180lbs. But because its a KAWI, you will have problems, but the thing is, they all have the same problems, such as, there is a bad splice from the factory, its a bunch of grounds all put together, the fix is to pull them all apart and solder them all together. Also remember, there is about 4 times as many bushings as on a sport quad, and yes they wear out, and o yea they are expensive. IT gets about 10 mpg, so about 50 miles to the tank full +/-. Yea its tippy, but thats because it has IRS, ANY IRS bike is like this, face it, dont talk crap about it unless youve driven it. The rev limiter thing is like this... Its a thing that kicks on to make you check your belt. You can turn it off where ever. there is a procedure that takes about 30 seconds, if you need to know how to do it, I can tell you. The hardest part of it is taking off your seat. Ive NEVER had an overheating problem. and Ive never heard of anyone having the problem.

firefighterjosh
08-13-2006, 09:16 PM
I don't mean to bust your bubble, but I put this post on here to read about other ppls inputs. I like the power of a Brute, Awesome, but The king quad is just about as fast. I had the lexury of riding one. I already determined I am getting EFI. So all carb 4x4 are out of the question. I will prabaly be getting the King quad. I have never heard any major, or conistent problems like the other quads have from here or the mags.

Quad18star
08-13-2006, 09:42 PM
Josh .... I think you'll be making the best choice with the King Quad ( bet you never thought you'd hear that from a Yammy owner , eh?? ) :p
I had reported in an earlier thread about my Grizzly having rear brake and overheating problems , well that has all been solved now . We discovered what was causing the brakes to drag , and fixing that resulted in the bike not overheating anymore . WOOHOO !!!!:devil:

firefighterjosh
08-13-2006, 10:13 PM
This is why I want a King Quad I did my research.

I ask for input on here. I also search for info on some strickly 4x4 quad forums.

All quads:
Have 4 wheel drive. All good clearance and good power. Locking Diffs blah blah blah. There all good.

Brute Force
Dislikes: Belt slippage (not common, but heard it from mutiples) Carbuerated, 2-stroke feel, over heating problem, tippy. I hate the locking lever.
Price: Jewed them down a little under 7k

Can-am
Dislikes: PRICE! Noting under 8k

Grizzly:
Dislike: Older carb problems...07s are too new I like a quad to be out a couple years. Not fast
Price: 6 - 7 K

King Quad:
Dislikes: It a Suzuki I am a yami fan but Its never too late to start being a suzuki fan lol. Not as fast as the others but it is close
Price: Jewed them down to 6k

There is more to it then this but this is the basics.

Its funny I own a Banshee and Honda now and I am a Yami fan and Now I am selling the only Yami. I guess I am going to have to take the Yami sticker off the window.

I think the King Quad is my choice. Soon I will have my banshee Stuff on here for Sale. Thank You everyone

m.h.s.c.#527
02-04-2007, 09:18 PM
my step dad got his to 78 on a dirt road and it started getting pretty scary and he backed out of it the only thing i dont like is the engine brake

K-Dub
02-21-2007, 08:40 PM
Hey guys been following this thread a little. Im looking for a sport utility also. Riding a 450R now so no heavy tank will do. Went and looked at the King Quad today, 48.5 horse power, was printed on the title. Ever where Ive seen the Brute Force hp listed it was 48 so both are about the same power. The KQ is about 10 pounds lighter as the dealer told me, they sell both and the sales man deff was pushing me toward the KQ even though they wanted more for the BF. To me the KQ is the better bet here.

Now Ive been drooling over the Can-Am Renegade. 60 horse power, around 55 foot pounds of torque. A Visco-Lok 4x4 front differential (good or bad I dont know), under 600 pounds. Comes with a 3 year warreny (atleast for now) alloy wheels and holeshots. $9299 msrp kinda scary I thought, but after my visit to the Suzuki dealer today not as.

KQ $7499 msrp but no alloy wheels and 2 ply tires, no 3 year warrenty. They told me to add about $800 for 3 year warrenty and about $1100 for tires and wheels so that puts it at $9300.

Renegade $9299 msrp with 3 year warrenty and alloy wheels and Holeshot tires, 12 more horsepower and more torque. Pretty much the same price before tax and title equipt the same. Going to look at the Renegade teusday.

firefighterjosh
02-21-2007, 08:45 PM
I ended up buying a KQ I like it. Only cons are the lag (VDI is coming out with a chip for that) and the exhaulst for the CVT is very low. I ended up making my own snorkel kit

Collinsb
03-16-2007, 06:28 PM
I too was in the market for either the King or Brute...After side by side comparing...I came home with the Brute. No EFI, but I'm in California and don't see a carb as an issue. The V-twin was the selling point for me.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c194/Collinsb64/IMGP1107.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c194/Collinsb64/IMGP1109.jpg

brute jumper
10-20-2007, 03:13 PM
thy suziki king qaud is a moped compared to the brute i would say you can alomost fell the power of the king qaud;) just kidden

firefighterjosh
10-21-2007, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by brute jumper
thy suziki king qaud is a moped compared to the brute i would say you can alomost fell the power of the king qaud;) just kidden

haha....Clutch kit and exhaulst I can take a scan am till 50 ;) ....that good enough for me