PDA

View Full Version : 1 quick question

ZATA
08-09-2006, 05:02 PM
hey guys, im brand new to the sport, and was just wondering, whats the difference betwwen the yzf450 and the rator, i dont just mean the sizes, i mean, is the yzf meant more for race, an dthe raptor trail? thanks.

PS: sorry if this has been posted before, mods, feel free to delete if necesary.

08-10-2006, 03:56 PM
Well the YFZ is made for racing.
The raptor is made for the trails and dunes and stuff like that.

Both of these machines are will get the job done.

YFZ450Ridr
08-10-2006, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Quad_King
Well the YFZ is made for racing.
The raptor is made for the trails and dunes and stuff like that.

Both of these machines are will get the job done.

neither is made for racing from the factory. the yfz is a better choice for racing because it sits lower, revs faster, is lighter, and can compete in more classes.

if your an average trail guy looking for a fast and powerful bike youd be plenty happy with a yfz or a raptor. the raptor would feel more at home in big open areas with the giant 700 in there, but as quick as the yfz is it beats the raptor in almost every catagory, except maybe baja and raw power.

the raptor is a torque machine that will preform well in almost any area of riding except MX without major mods. the yfz will do the same but it is a lighter, faster, better handling, high performance bike. yes both machines will get the job done, but a yfz will get it done better.

coolex
08-11-2006, 09:26 AM
what type of riding do you have in mind?

ZATA
08-11-2006, 01:16 PM
well ill be doing trail riding and some jumping, but im looking at buying the trx450r, i was just wondering wahts the diff between the 2 quads, thanks tho.