PDA

View Full Version : What's the difference?

deepcj7
08-09-2006, 08:17 AM
In jetting a carb, what's the difference between a hesitation and a bog? When I wick the throttle open after a turn, I'm getting a stumble, then it clears up and goes. Is that a rich condition and would that be a needle adjustment? Thanks for your help

CHEVYZ
08-09-2006, 08:34 AM
That would be rich. If the engine stumbles and hesitates then you are rich. When the bike runs but will not accept throttle (Unless you are extremely rich), it is usually lean. If the bike cuts out at WOT it is lean.

ZATA
08-09-2006, 04:58 PM
the differnece between hesitation and bogging is normally, when your engine is cold, you nail the throttle, the engine has very slow reaction, as in doesnt do anything, then after a few split seconds, the engine will pick up in RPM and take off the way you want ittoo. now when your engine bogs, you hit the throttle hard and the RPM's go way down, then the engine picks up after a second or so. hope that helps, thats the oly way i could explain it to ya'.

H400exRacr
08-09-2006, 06:29 PM
jetting the carb is pretty easy if you know how to listen to the engine.......if its not jetted right you can damage the engine so dont do it half assed

to see if the jets are right warm up the engine and pin it full throttle from idle......

if the engine bogs down then its running too rich (too much fuel)...if you run your machine like this too long it will foul your plugs and can cause unburned fuel to sit in the cylinder

if the engine skips and sputters but revs up after a second then its lean....this can cause your engine to seize up since engines use fuel to help maintain a decent engine temperature

with the correct jets it should rev right up without any problems when you pin it

exrider4life@hotmail.com