PDA

View Full Version : My carb fell apart!!!

thrasher_ex
08-09-2006, 07:23 AM
About a month ago I had my dealer rejet my bike on the dyno. I was happy with the results and there were no problems. Well yesterday I was doin a little 30' double and it just ****ing fell in half! Gas was pouring all over my hot engine. Man I was pissed. I'm happy it atleast didn't catch on fire. It seems all four screws are out. So what do you think? Get the screws and put them back in or make it the dealers problem? I mean carbs just dont ****ing fall in half when riding! I don't know what I would have done if it would have caught on fire......damn I'm mad...:mad: :mad: :mad:

Oh yeah the whole bike is still under warranty...

wanna_be_ridn
08-09-2006, 11:06 AM
You can try to take it on but they are kinda B**ches about warrentys believe me i had some dumb lil thing happen and they wouldnt do nothing about it even thought it was there fault. or you could just try and get a few new parts and put it back together.

d3ktrix
08-09-2006, 01:43 PM
Float bowel just fell off?
I wouldn't waste the time taking it back to the dealer. Just make sure everything i clean and put it back on your self.
Then call the dealer and remind them that they are f-ups.

My friend got his bike back from the dealer a few days ago and when I was riding behind him I saw his airbox bounching up and down. They didn't put the 3 screws that go though the sub frame into the air box back in.

And when the dealer installed my HRC kit they didn't even put my A/F screw to 2.5 turns out like they are suposed to. Just left it at 1.5 and it was poping on decel like crazy when they gave it to me.
There lucky they installed it for free :P