PDA

View Full Version : i need a suspention!!

69racer
08-09-2006, 02:46 AM
ok i have a 05 yfz450 and my dads getting me a suspention he says its up to me on wat i get and im either getting houser long travel or roll design and for shock i really dont no what to get cuz ive herd bad things on both axis and elka so i kinda want to get peps but what do you think i should get???? or what do you think are the best shocks

ebtrx450r
08-09-2006, 03:03 AM
Get Stadiums You'll be really happy with them! I've heard nothing but good with them!

z40021
08-10-2006, 05:20 PM
From what I herd I wouldint get Elkas. I herd you have to send them back like 2 times before even get them close to right and you pay for the shipping.

Chino886
08-10-2006, 05:26 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=247005

How about these shocks?

ebtrx450r
08-10-2006, 10:34 PM
Yes Elka's are Crap!

LT250RMan
08-10-2006, 11:54 PM
elka's are NOT crap !!!

ebtrx450r
08-11-2006, 12:09 AM
Well everyone's entitled to their own opinion and I've heard from EVERYONE on my team and from many others that they are junk. So I personally will stay far away from them and I will advise others to do the same.
Originally posted by LT250RMan
elka's are NOT crap !!!

molonyyfz28
08-11-2006, 12:18 AM
STADIUMS! they are awesome. if you can afford them they will be your best bet! :) I also will recomend Fox Evols, i have those on my yfz and i love them, but dont get the podium, it isnt the best, i have stadiums on my brother yfz and he loves them and i like them from the couple times ive ridden them.

and about elka, a friend of ours had elkas all around and rode them 2 times on the 2nd run, the back shock blew out :ermm: but then again, some people like different things, and i have also heard they customer service is pretty bad as well but anyways....

LT250RMan
08-11-2006, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by molonyyfz28
STADIUMS! they are awesome. if you can afford them they will be your best bet! :) I also will recomend Fox Evols, i have those on my yfz and i love them, but dont get the podium, it isnt the best, i have stadiums on my brother yfz and he loves them and i like them from the couple times ive ridden them.

and about elka, a friend of ours had elkas all around and rode them 2 times on the 2nd run, the back shock blew out :ermm: but then again, some people like different things, and i have also heard they customer service is pretty bad as well but anyways....

The shock on your friends quad must have been used for it to blow in 2 laps on a track, i can not see a brand new shock blow up in 10 minutes of riding unless the shock was set up completly wrong and set up for someone that weighs way less than him.

And how can you say that elka's customer service is bad have you ever phoned and talked to them ?? Its probaly the best customer service i have ever seen.

ebtrx450r
08-11-2006, 03:13 PM
Molonyyfz28 is at Loretta Lynns. So I'll respond for him.

The Back shock was new and apparently defective. It was set up right. Our Friend (teamate) is a sponsored rider so he knows how to have everything set up. He's also sponsored by the mechanic of the well known pro that the bike is from. So trust me everything is set up just right on his bike.

Every company has had a few defective parts. It just seems to me that Elka has had more defective parts than many of the other Suspension manufacturers. But like I said before everyones entitled to their opinion.

As for their customer service I personally have no idea. But it sounds like you've had a few issues with your suspension if you've had to call them.

Originally posted by LT250RMan
The shock on your friends quad must have been used for it to blow in 2 laps on a track, i can not see a brand new shock blow up in 10 minutes of riding unless the shock was set up completly wrong and set up for someone that weighs way less than him.

And how can you say that elka's customer service is bad have you ever phoned and talked to them ?? Its probaly the best customer service i have ever seen. :( :(

wicked265R
08-11-2006, 08:09 PM
CUSTOM AXIS = HIGH QUALITY

exrider008
08-11-2006, 08:44 PM
i dont get why all u guys r saying that elkas r crap. ive had ZERO problems with mine.:huh

have u looked into fox shocks ive heard nothing bad about them and everyone that has them says how much they love them.

ebtrx450r
08-11-2006, 09:30 PM
fox shocks are great for the price! You have to check the air pressure in them after every ride. They come with hand pumps to air them up. But it makes it easy to adjust the actual pressure for your weight and ability.

quadcustoms
08-12-2006, 05:57 AM
AXIS BY FAR

molonyyfz28
08-14-2006, 11:34 AM
i like my fox's, im to lazy to check my psi every ride so i just pump them and let them stay for a week or 2 lol, i dont mind riding them when there soft :rolleyes:

i had some problems with fox's customer service when trying to send my podium x back because it was horible when i first got it!:ermm: but now its a little better, but like i said, if i were buying shocks right now, they would be stadiums, the only reason i got fox is bc we already have a bike with stadiums on it and i wanted to try somthing different. theres a reason why stadiums cost so much more than the others...but im not trying to start an arguement by no means, just voicing my opinion :D