PDA

View Full Version : Help

RedRidin400ex
08-08-2006, 08:42 PM
I have a 00 400ex, the carb is clogged or somethin. float is messed up, gas constantly drains out of the drain tube. runs fine idling, but when u gas it it acts up and dies. Could it be flooding is why its doin like that? someone help please

H400exRacr
08-09-2006, 06:52 PM
i cant really tell you whats wrong with your carb without looking at it but i can give you a few points to check out

1. disassemble the carburator and blow it all out with carb & choke cleaner (purchasable at any parts store) spray the whole carb down and let it dry....then reasemble

2. check all of your gaskets to make sure the carb is sealing properly....and check all your screws to make sure they are all tight

3. on the side of the carburator this is a black cover with a hole on the side of it........there should be a hose conected to the carb underneath that cover that comes out of the hole on the cover and connects to a port on the bottom side of the carb this hose controlls vacume and if not hooked up it will idle fine but make engine die and spit back during acceleration

4. put a new carburator kit in it (includes new gaskets...jets...needle...other parts) they are easy to install and usually come with directions

let me know how things go and i'll try to help you......if you cant figure it out you can bring it to a local powersports repair shop and tell them to put a new carburator kit in it you might also want to purchase a clymer manual for your wheeler which has tons of usefull information about fixing and maintaining your machine...with very discriptive details and pictures

exrider4life@hotmail.com