PDA

View Full Version : t-5 or t-6

bansheerider4
08-08-2006, 07:58 PM
which pipe would be better to get for a banshee the t6 or t5?that would give it the most power and best sound...or if theres any other pipes that are good for it advice would be great...

mickey400ex
08-08-2006, 10:03 PM
if you gonna keep the engine stock (besides bores), then get the t6, but if you are gonna port, stroke, etc, then go with the t5

Toadz400
08-09-2006, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by mickey400ex
if you gonna keep the engine stock (besides bores), then get the t6, but if you are gonna port, stroke, etc, then go with the t5

Exactly what he said. Toomey designed the T-6 to be used for optimium performance on a stock engine. The T-5 is an excellent choice if you decide to go big with your engine mods.

firefighterjosh
08-30-2006, 03:51 AM
The only diff I noticed from my t-6s to my friends t-5s were the t6 had more tourq. I would go t6 for stock engine work. CPI for later on engine work

blaster77
09-15-2006, 08:35 PM
hey i got t5's on my shee and love then i just got the she from a freind i love it compared to the last few bikes the t'5s sound mint tobut mines ported and **** to and im to tired to type

brad7131
09-16-2006, 07:09 AM
I was wondering this same question, as I am thinking of purchasing a new quad (not new, neccessarily, but new to me), and am thinking about the 'shee. Can the T-6's handle minor mods, or would it be a better idea to just get the T-5's whether I do mods right when I get it, but plan on doing them in the future, so that I dont have to buy a new pipe when I get into the majorish mods?

firefighterjosh
09-17-2006, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by brad7131
I was wondering this same question, as I am thinking of purchasing a new quad (not new, neccessarily, but new to me), and am thinking about the 'shee. Can the T-6's handle minor mods, or would it be a better idea to just get the T-5's whether I do mods right when I get it, but plan on doing them in the future, so that I dont have to buy a new pipe when I get into the majorish mods?

I had everything done to mine that is in my sig and my t-6s did great.

broke
09-18-2006, 04:24 PM
My opinion is to skip the T-6s. T-5s still aren't that great but they are a better choice. You really need to decide what you want the power band to be like and where you want it to be. Two stroke pipes aren't like 4 strokes. They are more like the cam for lack of a better explanation.

If you want a low end pipe look into a 2:1, PTR mids for low to mid pipes, many pull from the mid to a pretty good top end, and the top end pipes are usually port specific.

Find out if they are meant for stock port timing, those really need to be avoided because no Banshee's ever stay stock.