PDA

View Full Version : needle adjustment

wicked_silver
08-24-2002, 12:07 PM
I am running a gutted exhaust, stock air filter with no air box lid, ground out the header, jetted with the dynojet needle and a 160 main, and a 42 pilot , cause the choke is removed.

My bike (2002 400ex) is running a little rich, I could drop down to a 155 main jet, but It would be easier to just move the clip a notch toward lean. Does anyone know how much of a change moving the needle actually makes. I guess I am asking if moving the clip would be equivalent to dropping down to a 155 ????????????????????????????????????????

Please respond quickly I am going out to clean up my bike then i'll work on the carb. Also anyone here recommend removing the mesh from the stock air filter.

wicked_silver
08-24-2002, 08:31 PM
well with no replies, i did some reading and realized the the needle and the main jets are really utilized at different throttle positions, so anyways, i kept the 160 main and moved the e-clip to the 2nd groove, now my midrange seems stronger but i'm still not sure about the topend. later'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''