PDA

View Full Version : Your stress release

Mxjunkie
08-08-2006, 07:09 PM
I know riding is probaly the best but There's about 5-6 things happening at once and I'm so stressed out and pissed off that I dont even want to ride lately.. I'm not some emo peckerhead either I just have a bit too much on my plate at the moment.. I've been drinking maybe 2-3 energy drinks per day to stay awake cause I dont sleep at night..

I mean I try and be laid back and easy going but then there's allway's something that has to deal with the 5-6 things that yanks my chain..

I got pretty p'oed at work monday and had a panic attack probaly the 3rd one in the last 4 months.. :ermm:

What do you guy's do to chill if you get really really mad or stressed..?

Ruby Soho
08-08-2006, 07:11 PM
music usually helps

trick250r
08-08-2006, 07:12 PM
watch a funny movie... anything to get me laughin

Scro
08-08-2006, 07:13 PM
I usually just ride around and listen to music. It usually takes my mind off everything for a little while. I would imagine I'm going to have to start doing more of it with 18 hours of school on my plate next semester.:ermm:

nosliw
08-08-2006, 07:15 PM
i have a friend who trains in MMA (UFC style fighting) and when i get super pissed me and him fight (wrestle, try and not hurt eachother) and he goes easy on me so i don't get pinned which would further piss me off.

after about 5 minutes you're so exhausted and your adrenaline is going so good you forget about your stress.

punching bag would help too.

or maybe buy a $50 car and beat the living hell out of it.

guess how i learned a car with a manual transmission WILL go into reverse @ 30mph? yep, i bought a dirty nasty old car and beat it up.

coryatver
08-08-2006, 07:16 PM
The caffein probley isn't helping matters. Just focus on your goals and what you need to get there. forget the high school bs that you won't even remember in a few years

Mxjunkie
08-08-2006, 07:18 PM
That's mainly why I think I dont really want to ride cause if I rode I'd end up breaking stuff on the quad at the rate I am at right now (pissed wise)

I'll look into the punching bag deff I've been telling my self I would buy one for awhile now but eh I guess it's more of a nessary thing to get now then just something for working out..

Originally posted by coryatver
The caffein probley isn't helping matters. Just focus on your goals and what you need to get there. forget the high school bs that you won't even remember in a few years

It's Family related and something from the past I just found out tonight that really bother's me...

2004-400ex
08-08-2006, 07:20 PM
to releve stress i beat the **** out of my truck because i dont have a atv that works and my motorcyle is in the process of being built

Scro
08-08-2006, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie

It's Family related and something from the past I just found out tonight that really bother's me...

Trust me, I know exactly what you are going through. You just have to keep it in the past and kinda forget about it.

thrasher_ex
08-08-2006, 07:30 PM
To relieve stress I shoot guns...lots of guns, lots of times.

08-08-2006, 07:31 PM
make a goal and blast the music and then think about it, riding,money, chicks you wanna bone:eek: the new bike you want.

most corny thing - one time I was just sooo stressed about selling my bike, getting a new one so i turned "I hate everything about you" by three days grace "Or in your case id turn on some afro man or lil wyte" J/k man. yea i just blasted the music thinking of throwing a huge whip over the cyclone double at englishtown.:macho

mx428
08-08-2006, 07:51 PM
Pass that blunt to the nigga on you left.

Hon300ex
08-08-2006, 07:55 PM
are you angry or upset? if your angry take your anger out on somthing and talk to someone. if ur upset go for a bike ride

Mxjunkie
08-08-2006, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Hon300ex
are you angry or upset? if your angry take your anger out on somthing and talk to someone. if ur upset go for a bike ride

Both.. which suck's because I'm only mad about the one thing if someone piss's me off then I use that as something to make me mad I guess? Cause during the day I think about it and it bothers me but I dont get foaming at the mouth mad until someone lights the fuse.. but the Family issue is allway's there cause I get phone call's all day..

Pappy
08-08-2006, 07:59 PM
Learn that there are things and people in this world you cant do a damn thing about and move on. life is way way to short to d!ck arounds with stuff you cant control

DieselBoy
08-08-2006, 08:15 PM
keep yourself busy, doing whatever...

go for a long drive somewhere you've never been, and just drive aimlessly, that's what I do...

Mx_523
08-08-2006, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by mx428
Pass that blunt to the nigga on you left.

:bandit: :p

One_Bad_400
08-08-2006, 09:21 PM
are you saying like mad stressed or... you have so much going at once you dont know what to do so you get like worried stressed?!?!

pissed off stress, driving real fast usually calms me down while i have the music LOUD!!! but on to much to do stress... i just let some of the stuff go and take the consaquences :ermm: (maybe not the best idea LOL)

underpowered
08-09-2006, 06:13 AM
sounds like you are goin through what i was a few weeks ago. i was unbelievably pissed off at everything. just all kinds of bad stuff dumped on me at once.

i just go out and drive around. prolly not the best thing cause i drive like a bat out of hell when i am pissed. once back home i have a little beater S-10 i drove teh crap out of, then beat the crap out of my demo derby car. just find what works for you. driving around usually gives me time to clear my head.

Guy400
08-09-2006, 06:56 AM
Exercise is the best stress reliever and on top of that it'll get you to sleep at night as well. Staying up all night and drinking energy drinks all day to keep you awake is completely running your body down. You'll wind up with mono sure as chittin'.

I have to back up Kenny's advice about learning there are people and situations in this world that you can't control and the sooner you learn to dismiss them the better off you'll be. When I was highschool age I was a powder keg. I was constantly PO'd about something and I literally carried Milk of Magnesia in my car because after a doctor's visit it was discovered I had ulcers. Finally when I was in my late teens I just asked myself what the he!! I was doing letting all this stuff bother me that I couldn't change even if I tried. From there on out I mellowed way down and life was so much better.

400eXr1d3rZ
08-09-2006, 07:37 AM
i cant do anything when im pissed, because nothing works.

08-09-2006, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by thrasher_ex
To relieve stress I shoot guns...lots of guns, lots of times.

This guy has it right. :devil:

Especially full auto. Nothing quite like it. Rent one if you can.

Or....

Do some activity to the point of physical exhaustion. Sports, weight lifting, riding, splitting wood, whatever. Great stress reliver, and you'll sleep at nite.

Moto49X
08-09-2006, 10:22 AM
you need to buy a 50. It will solve everything.

Your mad, put on some headphones, your helmet, grab your 50 and a shovel and take off for a few hours....

coryatver
08-09-2006, 10:38 AM
you can rent an auto gun:huh

08-09-2006, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by coryatver
you can rent an auto gun:huh

Yes.

There's a few Class III dealers out there, federally licensed firearm dealers who have them for rent in their gun shops for use on the premises in their on-site ranges.

Its all legal and (unfortunately) heavily regulated.

I DEFY anyone....even Hitlery Clinton....to rip off a couple mags full auto, and not come away grinning like you just won the lottery.

Or forr about $15,000, a 4-8 month wait, a Federal background check, with permisssion from your local chief law enforcement officer, you can own your own M-16.

You think its expensive to feed your quad....

PismoLocal
08-09-2006, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
Exercise is the best stress reliever and on top of that it'll get you to sleep at night as well. Staying up all night and drinking energy drinks all day to keep you awake is completely running your body down. You'll wind up with mono sure as chittin'.

I have to back up Kenny's advice about learning there are people and situations in this world that you can't control and the sooner you learn to dismiss them the better off you'll be. When I was highschool age I was a powder keg. I was constantly PO'd about something and I literally carried Milk of Magnesia in my car because after a doctor's visit it was discovered I had ulcers. Finally when I was in my late teens I just asked myself what the he!! I was doing letting all this stuff bother me that I couldn't change even if I tried. From there on out I mellowed way down and life was so much better.

I totally agree, exercise is awesome when your pissed off. When Im pissed off I run faster and lift harder and when your done you feel so much better. Try working out for aorund an hour with music turned up loud and then go and run 2 miles you will definitely feel better when your done.

quadsquadron221
08-09-2006, 12:38 PM
Here in a few years you will be able to just get a bottle of whiskey and forget all about it. Drinking wont solve your problems but passing out will. After painting the town and waking up in the drunk tank the problems you had before will seem like nothing compared to the problems you now have. This is what happend to me only it was women problems and jager.

You dont want to do any of that. I would go with gun fire or a nasty woman. Nothing like worryin about wether you got the heebie geebies or not to take you mind of off problems.

:devil:

Toadz400
08-09-2006, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Learn that there are things and people in this world you cant do a damn thing about and move on. life is way way to short to d!ck arounds with stuff you cant control

Exactly. Also, what Guy400 said about exercise. It'll help a lot with getting you to sleep at night plus you'll stay healthy at the same time. It relieves so much stress and you feel a lot better afterwards. I highly recommend biking and/or swimming to relieve your stress.

Life's too short to get all upset by everybody and what's going on around you. I used to be the same way and I just realized I had to stop letting it get to me otherwise I'll never make it out alive. Just be laid back and don't let anything get to you, you'll feel a lot better.

LittleMissE
08-09-2006, 04:51 PM
The only thing that I can do to take the stress away is to going riding and when I cant do that I try to talk to someone about it but I usally cant do that so I keep it inside til I get to go riding!!

08-09-2006, 05:18 PM
I am a stressed angry guy and people told me for years to go talk to a counsoler about it.It really helps and its not gay.Its gayer to continue living an unhappy life.Riding,shooting,drugs.... only help temporary.

Stevie-D
08-09-2006, 10:02 PM
im in the same boat as this guy. bunch of stuff just all snowballs at once..and it can be overwelming. i've always hopped in the truck and driven around when i got pissed or upset about something. but beings that my truck is in the garage waiting on some parts to finish my motor swap, i cant drive and have been stuck sitting on my ***, which only makes me more pissed!

aside from driving around and beating the piss out of my truck, shooting is a great stress reliever. stock up on rounds for the Ak and put some rounds through it. definately cheers me up.

these are just temporary solutions... in the long run you have to find a way to deal with your problems, or they are going to be ongoing