PDA

View Full Version : help..

ZATA
08-08-2006, 05:52 PM
hello, my name is Zach,im 14, and have been ridding dirtbikes all my life, and have started to get a little bored with them. for the past few months iv been interested in a quad, all of my friends and family have them so im not neccesaraly new to them. i have 2 different bikes in mind, the Honda trx400ex, and the 450ex. i was wondering what you would suggest for me. what are the major differences in the 2? i relize power, but what are the others? better clutchs, drive train? also, which is the most reliable? if its any importance, im about 6'2, 140 pounds...thanks for reading and i hope you reply.

kodiak515
08-08-2006, 06:09 PM
i just bought my 450... i love it. I would say get a 450.... just worth it.

ZATA
08-08-2006, 06:14 PM
ok thanks, does it have lots of power, torque?

kodiak515
08-08-2006, 06:16 PM
well.... tq is insane.... first gear you bump it and it will stand up if you want it to.... y buddy has a yfz and it wont stand up... as for power it has plenty.... im kinda fat so its not as quick for me lol

ZATA
08-08-2006, 06:17 PM
lol thanks, im just trying to get to know what bike will siut me better. thanks again for your post's.

thrasher_ex
08-08-2006, 07:08 PM
I don't suggest any 450 to be your first quad. Having your first quad be the most agressive quad out there isn't a good idea to me. Get a 400, it still has enough power for just about anything, and you are less likely to get yourself killed on it.

GoldenGloves
08-08-2006, 07:28 PM
Well, being that your 140lbs, and its your first Quad.. I would go with a 400ex, it should be plenty fast for your weight, and the safest route, it wouldnt be ideal to go buy a 450 for your first Quad, you want to get comfortable with the speed and handling with probly a 400 before you go with a 450..

wanna_be_ridn
08-08-2006, 08:45 PM
well its hard to say really on the first quad thing, i mean a 400ex is a good quad but since ur 14 ur gonna wanna have it for awhile right? i mean why buy one then hafta turn around and buy another. i would say 450

ZATA
08-09-2006, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by wanna_be_ridn
well its hard to say really on the first quad thing, i mean a 400ex is a good quad but since ur 14 ur gonna wanna have it for awhile right? i mean why buy one then hafta turn around and buy another. i would say 450

ya, i also want a quad that im not going to have to mod in a wekk because its not enough power, i want one stock thats going to pull a wheelie ripping down some trail, with out having to mod the hell out of it. i want to keep it for awhile so i can really get my money out of it too, then go newer or whatever, anyways, thanks for the responces guys, i appriacite (sp) it.

wanna_be_ridn
08-09-2006, 03:40 PM
no problem bro, that was just my 2 cents dont know whats its worth but... yes the 450 will pop a wheelie stock i raced mx on mine stock and won my class so its a good bike and it has the power and its just the bike to have right now.

Digsy
08-10-2006, 03:23 PM
First thing - you are dead right to go for a Honda ..

The 450 is awesome, but I went from bikes to quads as well and it is pretty different ... you know you might want to look for a cheap second hand 400 - I know you are not new to quads but ripping your own bike is never quite like lending one off someone and you dont really have to mod it up when you get bored - if you take good enough care of it you can have a real blast getting used to the style and then sell it on without losing money ... then buy your 450.