PDA

View Full Version : How Do I????

Jakeyracer
08-08-2006, 05:17 PM
i just have a couple how to questions that would be nice to know

1. How do i take off in second gear as if i were raceing. i race my friend with his yz125 and he always tells me to take off in second like a dirtbike. Does this even work on four-strokes.

2. How do i keep the front end up when jumping in third gear or higher. it almost always drops down even on little jumps i know how to panic rev and lean back i do it a lot but still it drops. yet in second i always land back tires first.

3. How do i go into a 20 foot double out of a corner. i can never get enough acceration out of the corner. it is about 10-20 feet to from a non-bermed corner.

ANY AND ALL HELP WILL BE APRECAITED (sp):D

THANKS

Jakeyracer
08-08-2006, 05:25 PM
lol and one more thing does anyone know any cheap but sturdy aftermarket proformance parts like shocks, air scoops, etc???:D

Honda2000
08-08-2006, 05:42 PM
well to help your starting problem try leaning forward more and give it more gas. when jumping hit the throttle a bit before you go into the air, also while you are in the air if you nose hit the throttle and lean back. THat should help you a bit.

H400exRacr
08-09-2006, 07:38 PM
the first thing to relize is dont listen to your friend.......jumping a bike is nothing like jumping a quad. bikes can be manuvered very easily in the air (hence pastrana doing a double backflip)

the best advice i can give you is go out there and practice.....the only way you can learn how to jump is by going out there and doing it you have to hit every jump different and every rider has there own style of jumping (such as how they take off and how they move the machine in the air) once you get jumping alot you'll get the feel for it and figure out how to handle your machine

quads are by no means easy to jump......its gonna take alot more practice and effort to get good than its gonna take your buddy on his yz (its alot harder to move a 400lb quad in the air than a 200lb bike)

miller821
08-09-2006, 07:58 PM
Where to begin:p

1. If your having trouble taking off in 2nd gear, trying dropping a tooth on the front sprocket. (May not sound like a lot, but with a 14 on mine I can shoot on in second whereas I used to bog in second with my 15.)

2. How big is the jump? And are you going at it full throttle? One thing to do is not to hold the throttle constant, let off at the base and get back up on it.

3. To help with acceleration dropping a tooth like I stated before will help you. You can also go with an aftermakret full, or just a slip on pipe and it should help your acceleration.

Jakeyracer
08-09-2006, 09:58 PM
THANKS FOR THE INFO SOOO MUCH I AM GUNNA TRY THESE ASAP!!!
i will definatly invest in dropping a tooth. lol before i go buying pipes i have to get a steady paying job :D . this 20 fotter i am talking about i can bearly clear in second but i know i could soar over it in third but like i said it is out of a tight corner that to get thru with any speed or power i have to be in second i am betting dropping a tooth will do the trick

ONCE AGAIN THANKS:D

okbeast
08-09-2006, 11:38 PM
All good advice above ^^^

On another note: I'm selling my White Bros. e-series slip-on if you're looking for a good deal, PM me.

miller821
08-10-2006, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Jakeyracer
THANKS FOR THE INFO SOOO MUCH I AM GUNNA TRY THESE ASAP!!!
i will definatly invest in dropping a tooth. lol before i go buying pipes i have to get a steady paying job :D . this 20 fotter i am talking about i can bearly clear in second but i know i could soar over it in third but like i said it is out of a tight corner that to get thru with any speed or power i have to be in second i am betting dropping a tooth will do the trick

ONCE AGAIN THANKS:D

Hehe ya, no problem at all.... Just be sure that if you have an 05'-07' model to go with a 13 tooth front sprocket and if you have an 99'-04' model then go with a 14 tooth front sprocket.

And ya a pipe is kinda expensive when your on a budget, but when you get enough money it will be something to look into.

Jakeyracer
08-11-2006, 10:02 AM
lol i found out why i cant jump in third i wasnt running high enough rpms i finallly got it down but i also found out i need to lose a tooth because i can rev it up all the way but no matter what if i let out the clutch in second it will just BOGGGG then die:grr: but o well i can start in first gear like any other average rider for now:p