PDA

View Full Version : ok its finally here!!!

mxriderona400ex
08-24-2002, 11:34 AM
aug 24.series 2 of the full moon series in tx at badlandsmx park.im riding a red 400 with #s 43!.

Razorback
08-25-2002, 03:26 PM
hey man - how'd it go? i couldn't make it last night, prior comittments...

MxDale71
08-25-2002, 05:13 PM
I had to be back home at 1 o'clock because my dad needed the truck, so I only got to ride one moto. I just putted around and wasn't even trying to go fast since I would get last place no matter how I finished in the first moto. The sad part was, for a while, I was actually getting held back! and I mean, I was BARELY even riding!

I figured I wouldn't get all worn out for nothing if I was gonna race Swan the next day, and then this morning I woke up, thought about what I needed to work on on my quad, and said F*CK IT! and went back to bed. So no racing for me today either. Ever since school started, I've been a little p!ssed off this whole week, and I just didn't feel like going to Swan today.

Razorback
08-25-2002, 08:09 PM
how was the group at badlands compared to village last week? i really wanted to go. i went this morning to a new track (new to me) in nocona (just west of muenster). it's a nice, fast track. no really bad jumps either. there was supposed to be a race this morning there, which is why i was going, but it got cancelled, so i stayed and was able to practice. got a lot of riding in and my thumb hurts from riding so hard all day.

how did daniel do? i can't blame you for not going this morning after last night. that would have been little sleep and a lot of driving. let me know if you're going riding this weekend. caddo point, maybe? later...

MxDale71
08-25-2002, 08:53 PM
Yep, I'm going to Caddo on Sunday. I've got a $20 bet w/ a bull rider that says he can beat me in a race on quads. Daniel didn't go... don't know why. Badlands was FUUUUUULLLLLLLL! After that NTNS series race there, Badlands has gotten A LOT of new business. There were 14 in the Pro Quad race, 13 in the Quad intermediate, and 29 in the Quad Novice. Since the gate wouldn't hold all the Quad novice riders, they split that class up and ran that class like a supercross style. 2 heat races, and a LCQ in the first moto, and the Main event in the last moto.

There were about 65 quad racers there that night, counting the peewee quad riders!!!!!!! That is pretty AWESOME considering that there are only 4 quad classes, and there were like 350 bike riders there and there were about 23 bike classes.

So as far as ratio goes... the quads out numbered the bikes. There were so many spectators there though... I think that someone was told that over 1000 people went through the gate that night... and there were still people comin in after him. Badlands has definitely gotten VERY popular.

If your lookin for a small class to ride in in this series, you're gonna be out of luck.

Razorback
08-26-2002, 09:16 AM
wow, that is a great turnout! i got an email from one of the novice riders that had a crash on the finish line jump. similar to me, he busted his chin and had to go to the ER and get stitches outside and inside of his mouth.

they need to get an age division for the old guys like me :D

i'll probably come to caddo on sunday. got no plans yet and looking for a place to ride. later...

MxDale71
08-26-2002, 05:30 PM
No crap, Badlands gets enough quads to add another class. That track is quickly becoming an North East Texas favorite for bikes and especially quads. I think so many people like it because you can get some big air but he doesn't make those jumps so hard. Most other tracks seem like you just get a little bit of air and then the big air jumps are all or nothing, and if you case it, you're not getting up. Village Creek was pretty fun but a lot of those jumps have NO lip on them.

Hey, do you happen to know Mark Krotky's phone #? I'm tired of always hearing that he's looking for me. I want to give him a call and ask him why he's getting so upset about the things I said. I may have cost him some business, but so far I have yet to see any good work from him, so I have no reason to say good things about him. It's not like I go around and say he always does bad work, but if someone mentions him, I'll tell that person what I've seen, and so far, thats a leaking motor, oil blowing out the air filter, a 265 that cuts out all the time and apperantly hasn't run right since he got it back, and other various complaints from people at the tracks. Mark, if you're reading this, e-mail me and say what you got to say. taz_ex@hotmail.com

Buzzsaw
08-26-2002, 06:08 PM
hey, i was at the race sat. with my new bullet 316 and it ran like a rapped ape. it was my first race, great time had by all. marks # is 903-612-4300 bullet motorsports.

mxriderona400ex
08-26-2002, 06:37 PM
it was kool.me and this other guy on here got into a bind but we were both ok.hes on an orange 300 and he was pretty fast.i was atleast 1/2 a lap bhind and i cot up 2 them and past 1 guy b4 the flag dropped.the second moto i got 8th.i didnt kno if i had another race but i had 2 jet.friends were leavin and i dont think i made it 2 the finals:(

well if ur goin 2 the tqra series 9/7/02 write it.im goin on a red 400ex stock front fenders(only 1 racing with/out race cut)lol #s 43!!!

Buzzsaw
08-26-2002, 06:41 PM
that was me, i dead in the gate and had to play chase.

Razorback
08-26-2002, 06:54 PM
man, i really hate that i had to miss the race. sounds like a good time.

buzzy - you likin' how the 300's running now, huh? i can't wait to see it. you going to be at caddo this weekend?

Buzzsaw
08-26-2002, 07:02 PM
what day are you going to caddo and yes i love it. Took a 4th sat. night

Razorback
08-27-2002, 06:53 AM
4th, huh? awesome! probably going sunday.

Buzzsaw
08-27-2002, 10:48 AM
cool see you there

Buzzsaw
08-28-2002, 07:47 PM
hey, scott sunday some poeple might over at one of the pro in tqra and ride his track just outside of greenville let me know if you would want go.

Razorback
08-29-2002, 06:43 AM
yeah, i'd be interested in that. is it the greenville mx or some place else? i was looking at the greenville mx web site and it looks pretty cool. anyway, let me know some more info, i'd definitely be into going.

Buzzsaw
08-29-2002, 11:47 AM
It's at andrew fisk house in cumby, just outside of greenville to the east.

Razorback
08-29-2002, 02:22 PM
cool. email me with the directions and when you're going to be out there. scottandbiccy@yahoo.com

i'll give you my phone number if you just want to give me a shout.