PDA

View Full Version : questions on a 06 trx 450r

kodiak515
08-08-2006, 04:03 PM
hey ppl, i bought an 06 new from a dealer. I was wondering why after i ride a few mins, and say i stall it or cut it off, when i go to crank it again it dont want to start takes forever.

Also, i have a friend who bought a 05 yfz 450. when we race, i stay with him like side by side till somewhere in 3rd then he pulls WAY ahead but i start to gain on him in 5th. Ive also done same thing with a 660. and with that said it leads me to my other questions

1.Why do i do that and what could i do it fix that

2.what kind of exhaust should i get. (I want sound and preformance)

3.should i get a cdi, or something to make it rev higher (would that help any)

4. And why kinda of jet kits, air filters etc should be used again i want sound and preformance......name TOP stuff so i can check them out them name some other good stuff with a cheaper price

wanna_be_ridn
08-08-2006, 04:10 PM
I would def get urself a full system exhaust, i have fmf and love it, get a good air filter, i run twin air, and a dyno jet kit. and as for the rev box on the 06 there is a green wire on the cdi box under ur hood all u do is snip the green wire and gives u around 1000rpm. do a search for it there is one post with pics and everything its very simple fast and works.

kodiak515
08-08-2006, 04:10 PM
come on ppl i need some help, i see you all looking.

Also, what does taking the air filter lid off do?

wanna_be_ridn
08-08-2006, 04:13 PM
if u take off ur lid u will def need to rejet but ur gonna hafta rejet when u get a exhaust.

kodiak515
08-08-2006, 04:14 PM
i was thinking about the hrc kit, is it worth it and how much does it add, also what kinda full exhaust... ive been told Big gun evo X and curtis sparks

wanna_be_ridn
08-08-2006, 04:15 PM
I have never rode with a sparks exhaust so i cant speak good or bad about it. i run the fmf factory 4 and i love it. i also have the hrc kit in mine and it does a excellent job. and i know big gun exhaust are LOUD but i have never rode one either. but that would be my next choice.

kodiak515
08-08-2006, 04:18 PM
well what do you think about me and the yfz racing, how could i fix that?

TMSmx47
08-08-2006, 04:45 PM
wit your 06... do the HRC kit and the ROSSIER ENG. full system... Dont worry bout the YFZ cuz he aint catchin you for chit. HRC comes wit everything you need(lid, jets, cam, etc)... Its been "CLAIMED" that the 06 with the HRC and full exhaust will bring you d@m close to 50hp.

All hondas and yamahas are a pain in the ***** to start after you gettem' hot.

PS.. If not ROSSIER the only other one I like is the DASA

Abrannan19
08-08-2006, 04:52 PM
definitly go with the HRC ..you will love it and you will be eatin up yfz's and raptors..The HRC kit replaces the header and spark arrestor and is supposed to be equivilent to a full exhaust. I would get the HRC kit first and see how you like it before you buy an exhaust.

kodiak515
08-08-2006, 05:00 PM
well, i took the screen thing out of the stock muffler (and yes i have no clue what this ****s called lol) i think i would beat the yfz to begin with but its like i have no mid range?

CHEVYZ
08-08-2006, 05:26 PM
The HRC kit is what you need. My bike was similar to yours as far as how it ran... can't vouch for stock performance though. Changed to the HRC and what a difference! The bike runs wayyy better and the power increase was incredible.

As for exhaust, I haven't tried many, but so far I am liking the HMF best and it is a pretty decent price for them. The HRC kit will come with everything... all you will need is a slip-on though. It comes with the CDI harness to advance the ignition and give you 1000 (I believe) more RPMs.

I used Sparks jets and a K&N airfilter. Some frefer foam, in that case there are some good ones out there as well. I believe UNI makes a good filter.

kodiak515
08-08-2006, 05:30 PM
after some of the post, i looked in to the hrc and ROSSIER.... that exhaust said it adds 9 hp..... also looked at the DASA but i couldnt fine the hp on it..... but what kind of hmf?

Tripyn
08-09-2006, 05:36 AM
I have the Quiet Race Series from HMF and love it-not to loud and plenty of low end grunt. This coupled with the HRC kit is a great choice.

groundhog_464
08-09-2006, 02:51 PM
hrc kit for sure! you will have all the power you will want. it comes with a header pipe then all you will need is a slip on i have a lrd pro 4 series adds hp and sounds great.

leadfoot_52
08-09-2006, 09:25 PM
Just an exhaust will never add 9 HP. The HRC Kit is what you want and Is well worth the money. That's all I have to say is HOLD ON when you get the HRC Kit installed. P.S> It will run better with the HRC Kit also.

JJs450r
08-10-2006, 06:45 AM
Really its all about the rider with shifting, try and speed shift its seem to help out alot, i have the ducan fat boy 4 sounds great puts out a great deal of power, but going with a new exhaust you gotta worry about jets and air. the fuel/air ratio. but with the yfz i was reading in a mag that they were only a little faster then the 450r. just give it time get used to the shifter points dont let out the gas ;)

Edit: I like the k & n prodesign set up for air, and dyno jet isnt to bad, o ya btw if u wanna hear the fat boy 4 u should be able to hear it in this video http://media.putfile.com/Halfmoon-race

jhoppa
08-10-2006, 08:20 AM
If you have not figured it out yet... HRC kit is how you beat the YFZ. HRC is the most BANG for your BUCK you can buy. Get the HRC kit, go and ride, and then decide if you want to replace the exhaust.

I raced a YFZ straight up I am a 190lb rider and the YFZ had a 120lb rider. I pulled him from the start, by the time I was in fifth gear I was 4-5 bike lengths in front.

The starting issue.... join the rest of the 2006 450r owners. Sometimes it starts great, other times it doesn't. HRC kit helps with the starting also.