PDA

View Full Version : some questions on a 06 trx 450

kodiak515
08-08-2006, 03:30 PM
hey ppl, i bought an 06 new from a dealer. I was wondering why after i ride a few mins, and say i stall it or cut it off, when i go to crank it again it dont want to start takes forever.

Also, i have a friend who bought a 05 yfz 450. when we race, i stay with him like side by side till somewhere in 3rd then he pulls WAY ahead but i start to gain on him in 5th. Ive also done same thing with a 660. and with that said it leads me to my other questions

1.Why do i do that and what could i do it fix that

2.what kind of exhaust should i get. (I want sound and preformance)

3.should i get a cdi, or something to make it rev higher (would that help any)

4. And why kinda of jet kits, air filters etc should be used again i want sound and preformance......name TOP stuff so i can check them out them name some other good stuff with a cheaper price

AIM kodiak515
yahoo kodiak62102@yahoo.com

kodiak515
08-08-2006, 03:44 PM
come on i see you ppl looking anwser me plz

khen
08-08-2006, 04:32 PM
On the '06 450R there is a green wire you can cut to get 1000 more rpm. I don't know how much that would help with a stock engine though..

If you don't have the HRC kit installed, that is what I'd do first.. It's supposed to be a lot of bang for the buck on the '06.

For the engine starting issues, I'd try setting up the idle slightly.. that helps a lot on the '04/'05's. You also don't want to touch the throttle at all when trying to start it.

Perhaps someone will reply and let you know if these items are still relevant on the '06's.

firefighterjosh
08-09-2006, 01:44 AM
One of my friends has a 06 450 with the same problem of dieing and not starting..He is takinghis back to the dealer. I heard it has something to do with the starter and they have a update out that is suppose to fix it.

smc967
09-04-2006, 08:46 AM
mine is kick start, locate the choke on the left hand side above the foot pegs, when cold i use this and mine kicks first time everytime. when hot i just kick and it starts first time i dont use the hot start ever also do not pump the throttle when kicking this floods it and will not make it start easier.Kickstarting takes a quick kick not a hard kick its all about the technique and that takes practice.

ur bike should not be loosing out on those bikes mine does not.

450rowner
09-14-2006, 09:20 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by khen
[B]On the '06 450R there is a green wire you can cut to get 1000 more rpm. I don't know how much that would help with a stock engine though..

where is that green wire?

BSTURDIVANT
09-14-2006, 09:43 PM
Green wire on left plug on cdi (as viewed from front)- cut it and tape both ends!

09-15-2006, 06:36 AM
for the green wire...take your hood off and stand directly in fronmt of the quad. on the left hadn side, there are 3 white plugs. the green wire int he far left plug is what you will cut. it does help with acceleration and top speed a little on a stock motor. it is barely noticable though.

as far as the hard starting when hot, this is a problem that a lot of us are dealing with. there is an update for the starter, if it is electric start. i just picked mine up yesterday from having this update/repair done. i haven't really had a chance to ride the bike to see if it changed anything. the way my dealer talked was that it was essentially new replacement parts that were installed, nothing to actually improve the starters performance.

i was told it is essential to not use any throttle when starting the bike. that is what does the damage to the starter. the clutch outer will kickback and break gears, and wear the one way clutch out.