PDA

View Full Version : YES, this has been asked BUT.

johnsls
08-08-2006, 06:52 AM
I'd like to install a kill switch for my starter button.. Heres the BUT

Can I still operate my lights (hi/low) or does the entire bracket come off and I loose it.

I gotta install this switch becasue this past wknd I was riding and hit the yellow kill switch,, and didn't know it,, well I was in the way of traffic and couldn't get the dam thing started.. until I noticed I hit the kill switch..
It happened more than once so I'd like to get rid of it.

Keep in mind I'd like to be able to still use my lights.

mrnate400ex
08-08-2006, 07:34 PM
I don't know the answer to your question, but I did want to ask you how your ex ran. I am thinking of doing that same kit and cam on mine, and wondered what kind of power difference did you notice?? Thanks.

08-08-2006, 07:57 PM
Sure you could do that all that you would have to do is take the wire tehat goes to the kill switch cut it and just leave it open and with the other oart of the wire connect it to your new kill switch and it will work just as you would like it to.

08-08-2006, 08:05 PM
I cant remember what the color of the wire is but I believe it is green. Dont mark my word though because I am not sure.

johnsls
08-09-2006, 11:47 AM
mrnate400ex

Sent you a pm,,, I absolutely love the 426,, lots of power over stock,, you better be sure you know what your doing cuz I see some other people having problems leaking oil.. etc.........

PismoLocal
08-09-2006, 11:52 AM
I have an automotive switch for my starter right now. Let me see if i can find a pic.

johnsls
08-09-2006, 12:46 PM
All - is it possible to still operate the lights but remove the yellow kill switch..
This is why I want to install a new starter switch.

I'm just wondering if anyone has done this,, remove the big bulky start/light/kill switch thing but manage to still have something to operate the lights and have a different starter switch....

PismoLocal
08-09-2006, 01:01 PM
Yes that can be done with 2 switches if you know what your doing.

dr.paine
08-09-2006, 01:20 PM
what yellow kill switch are you talking about, there is a red one on the handle bars and your key.

the only yellow switch is for the head lights.

i have a tether kill switch hooked up and the head lights work.

not really following what you are asking

johnsls
08-09-2006, 06:51 PM
Your 100% correct, I meant the big red switch

I don't want a tether cord thingy,, I just don't like the stock swithc and that you can kill your engine sliding it left or right.

In my original post I mentioned that if switched off going over a jump and at other times,, probally hitting it some how.

so I'd like to install a different starter switch.. a lot of people use a kill switch.. BUT I'd still like to be able to operate my lights.