PDA

View Full Version : Pismo Beach Race is coming like Xmas

PismoLocal
08-07-2006, 02:45 PM
The WORCS Pismo beach endurance race is coming up in about 2 months its round 9 of the series. I just thought I would post a reminder to any one who lives out here on the west coast that they should start practicing because there is going to be some fierce competion in the B class (ME :D ) so bring your game faces. :cool:

QuadJunkies
08-08-2006, 12:06 PM
I cant WAIT for this round!!
I will be at this one doing some of the Coverage and/or pics AND video of this round:cool: Ill have my quad there ,hoping to do some sand riding a little before we leave so stop and say hello !

PismoLocal
08-08-2006, 12:13 PM
Wow your a trooper thats like a 14 hour drive isn't it. I remember looking it up when I was planning on going to St. Anthony's until my buddy punked out last second. Ya the dunes here probably aren't as nice as the St. Anthony's but the view sure is awesome.

QuadJunkies
08-08-2006, 12:32 PM
unless my ride falls threw, Ill be out .Ill be leaving my family behind cause we cant all go ,but Troy knew how bad I wanted to go to this round since I missed Washugal :ermm: so Ill be riding up with some locals if all goes well. :)
Im EXCITED about the drive actually... I should be able to get some really nice pictures of the trip . I havent been to Cali. since 2000 and it was for Disneyland with the kids

CannondaleRider
08-08-2006, 02:35 PM
I'll be there for sure.

It's gonna be a good time:D

F-16Guy
08-10-2006, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by PismoLocal
...they should start practicing because there is going to be some fierce competion in the B class (ME :D ) so bring your game faces. :cool:
:blah: :blah: It's a good thing for you guys that I couldn't make to more rounds; the old 400ex would have dominated the B class!:devil: :D

Ex'r Marlin
08-10-2006, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by PismoLocal
... start practicing because there is going to be some fierce competion in the B class (ME :D ) so bring your game faces. :cool:

Wheeeew.... Thank goodness I am running the C class!:D

This will be my first time there... Looking forward to it!

If it means anything, I too will be "bringing my game face".:macho

Raptorchick
08-11-2006, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I cant WAIT for this round!!
I will be at this one doing some of the Coverage and/or pics AND video of this round:cool: Ill have my quad there ,hoping to do some sand riding a little before we leave so stop and say hello !

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be going down there as well, so maybe I'll see ya there!:)

PismoLocal
08-16-2006, 03:05 PM
Ya I'm pretty sure I'm racing B class, I'll be on a black 440ex.

Ex'r Marlin
08-16-2006, 03:09 PM
I plan to race my red 450R #353 Saturday in the 30+ C, and then Sunday in the Open C.

Good luck!

400exrider0004
08-17-2006, 11:47 AM
I plan on being there. I will be racing my red 06 450r #4. I will be racing in the ATV Sport Class and or Production Class. But I have a question, I race in local and state series but I havent raced in a WORCS series race. I talked to a WORCS official and she said I should race in either A or B. But I havent raced in a WORCS race so tell me what you think. Also I go to the dunes 1-2 times a month so im leaning towards the B class??????

Thanks and I am looking forward to the race!!!

Josh

Ex'r Marlin
08-17-2006, 11:54 AM
Well, since Pismo Beach is the last race of the season, I would think racing B class would be recommended.

I believe once you race in a higher class, you need to continue in that class or higher... I believe you can not go from A class to B your next race.

Since you are not competing for points at this point, and since they hand out additional prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd... You may get something additional for that day!:cool:

If you race the B class, you can decide next year what class may better suit you to run.

I believe there are some great racers in the B class too.

Good luck!

400exrider0004
08-17-2006, 12:02 PM
When I was talking to the worcs lady she said that C class for that series are for true beginners, "people that dont have confidence" and I told her I have been riding for a while and she recommended A or B. Im just conteplating because I havent raced in this series before, and i dont want to have a surprise of getting beat extremely in the B or A class because all series are different. Also what class are you guys racing in?? Production, Open, Sport?? I need to know what the C class racers experience is.

Sorry for so many questions

Ex'r Marlin
08-17-2006, 12:26 PM
LOL's... I personally think there are some "good" riders in C class too!:D

For some reason, this series called WORCS brings some great competition to the races.

Personally, I have been racing several years, but this is my first year of WORCS. I opted to start in the C class and see where that takes me. I feel comfortable in the C class, and I am having a blast meeting some good competitors!

I find the WORCS series to be a great circuit... I hope you too find it to be a great experience!

400exrider0004
08-17-2006, 12:43 PM
Ill probably go same route as you and race in the Production C and the Sport C and see what I should do for next year. Start out small and go bigger i guess. Thanks for your help, and Ill see you out there:devil:

CannondaleRider
08-17-2006, 08:26 PM
I run Production A and Open A, I don't do very well, but I know exactly what i'm up against, and know exactly when i'm progressing.

In other words, why run a class that you think you'll do good in, and possibly Sandbag, when you can run a class that you'll do mediocre in, then you'll know you'll have to push yourself hard, and earn your placing.

My personal opinion. Some agree, some don't.;)

400exrider0004
08-17-2006, 09:48 PM
I totally agree!!!! Actually I went from thinking about doing C class and realized the same thing you did. So I have decided to race in both Sport B and Production B, I cant wait!!! Thanks for your input!

Josh

#8red
08-17-2006, 11:05 PM
If you are a guy whom rides alot - go b class - I know they posted the difference at the burnt ridge practice as B (amature) - don't hit doubles - a (expert) hit doubles - -and that's about true too - I race b class - and hit a few of the doubles -and did good ...I personally don't get to race alot and seem to do alright in the b class - and if you have a buddy going w/ you - check out the team race - -it's a fun race ...no contingencies....but a good time and only $20 each

Ex'r Marlin
08-18-2006, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
.... In other words, why run a class that you think you'll do good in, and possibly Sandbag, when you can run a class that you'll do mediocre in, then you'll know you'll have to push yourself hard, and earn your placing.

Not that I disagree, but...

If you are a beginner, and you do not have experience passing someone, why put yourself in a position that you may not get the "full" effect of racing? (Thinking that you will get passed, and that you will make some passes).

Again, not that I disagree, because I agree racing with faster racers should make you a better racer by trying to keep their speeds and watching their lines.

Added note: As for me thinking about racing B class, I believe most of them "jump" pretty good, where I do not. Not sure if Pismo Beach will have jumps or not, but I would be affraid of some of the faster racers flying over my head! (Actually, something similar has happend with me in the C class)

Whichever class you decide, I hope you have a blast!

400exrider0004
08-18-2006, 09:01 AM
Well I look at it like this...If the race was at a MX track, and I had no clue on how the experience level is in each class(which I dont) I would enter C only because I havent had experience with this series. Now me and my family have been going to Pismo about once a month for about two years now:D so I am pretty confident with that terrain and anything thats thrown at me. So since I know the terrain I worry less about the experience of the other riders and I should be able to keep with them hopefully. So I think B class will be GREAT! And will see what happens:devil: Thanks again for everyones help!!

Also the Pismo race is more of a whoops, turns and straight away kinda race. Itll be fun!!

QuadJunkies
08-18-2006, 10:21 AM
I run Production A and Open A, I don't do very well, but I know exactly what i'm up against, and know exactly when i'm progressing.

In other words, why run a class that you think you'll do good in, and possibly Sandbag, when you can run a class that you'll do mediocre in, then you'll know you'll have to push yourself hard, and earn your placing.

I agree to a degree.. But thats also ALOT of expense to set yourself up for failure ,but I TOTALLY agree on setting up for a class you will finish MID pack in .

My husband ran B 30+ last year and had great endurance but a crap quad and done well enough that he had to move up to a A class this time around,...well this year he has had little seat,NO endurance but a good race quad... lol He done HORRIBLE in Prod A . Maybe a 30+ class is good but he will will not race the A class again until he is ready or just stick with the 30+ class.
There is so many variations and classes you can run that is what is so great about the series is there is ALWAYS a class for EVERYONE.
CannondaleRider~~ where are you sitting for points so far? Are you running more than one class?
I was hoping my Hubby and his freind on his ATK could come this round,but Ill have to go alone as he is out of vacation time .

CannondaleRider
08-18-2006, 05:41 PM
I'm running both Production A and Open A

I'm doing horrible in the standings in both. I've missed the last 4 races, and got a DNF in Production at Round 1(fuel) and Round 2(rim), and a DNF in Open at Round 3(pushed WAY to hard).

I'm 45th in Production and 31st in Open....yeah, pretty bad, lol.

Hoping next year goes a little better, and I can improve my riding ability

WORCSYFZ199
08-20-2006, 01:03 AM
You'll get there man, the way racing works is that you get faster one level at a time it seems, where you are now is about as fast as you're comfortable with but when you ride with faster people and constantly push yourself you are forced to go beyond your comfort zone and see what it is like to run on the next level and once you're comfortable with that you'll go beyond. I know what you mean about the classes, you'll want to ride with faster riders, but at the same time you don't want to be left in the dust far behind and losing and not feeling good about racing or really having fun. I race the Open A class and I never really podium in that class, there is more competition and faster guys in that class, I almost got a podium finish in that class at havasu, but anyways I race the sport 15-29A class and me and my friend Jorie always podium in that class and run away with it, it's fun because we are each other's competition but we are also doing good and getting good results, so you'll want a class where a podium is a possibility but it's a hard fought one.

QuadJunkies
08-21-2006, 07:05 PM
I'm running both Production A and Open A

I'm doing horrible in the standings in both. I've missed the last 4 races, and got a DNF in Production at Round 1(fuel) and Round 2(rim), and a DNF in Open at Round 3(pushed WAY to hard).

I'm 45th in Production and 31st in Open....yeah, pretty bad, lol.

Hoping next year goes a little better, and I can improve my riding ability
As long as your having a good time ,then thats what Counts,right?:);)

QuadJunkies
10-03-2006, 11:25 PM
Looks like I wont be making the Pismo round..:(
No one here locally is in for points so I have no ride . I REALLY am bummed about this ..I could drive or fly down for a wk end, but a little more expense for me to come and shoot photos...lol
Things are going to be dif. next year.

For the 2007 season,we should be running the full series . I would like to interview riders from a few dif. classes ( Amatuer,Womens,minis,Vet. ect...) Ill have video of each class like I have done last year ( I think I missed one class) some rider Coveragewith video clips and of course some pics .

Looks like there is ALOT of photojournlist ,so I really dont need to go this round anyways
I really was hoping to meet some of you though and I wanted to hit this round more than any of them.

I guess theres always next season.

I wish you all the best of luck in the championship ,ride safe and have fun and Ill be hanging out waiting to see the coverage. :)

Tina

04Ltz40015
10-11-2006, 08:24 PM
I have ran the sport c and porduction c. So far it was on a polaris predator 500, so I guess you could say I was at a bit of a disadvantage. I did alright this year and at washougal I got 4th after stopping to help pull my brother out of a bush.(he runs in stock c's so they are the first line off) Now im on ltr450 for this last race and plan to move up to the b's. The track is going to get rough and I mean rough. I raced in the team race last year at the end of saturday and it was bad. Rutted and wooped out. It is defentiley going to be a different race than in the woods or in the desert. Should be great. I will be on a ltr450 #132 my brother is on a ltz400 #140. See you there.

F-16Guy
10-13-2006, 10:11 AM
I've only raced two rounds this year because of work, a new baby, moving to Utah, ect., but here's my $0.02: I've never raced prior to this year, but I've ridden aggressively pretty much all of my life. I wasn't sure what class to race either, but I knew I was good enough for at least the B class, so that's what I entered (considering I'd be riding one of the slowest bikes in the class, the old 400ex). I did well - 3rd in Phoenix and 2nd in Havasu - but there were plenty of riders on the track that were faster than me. One observation I made was that there is a HUGE span of skill levels in the B and A classes, and probably because you have the sandbaggers, the guys who want to go faster, and everyone in between. I'll most likely sign up for Production A next year, just so I have a chance to race Pro-Am, but no matter what class you enter, there will be a wide spectrum of competition on the course at any given moment. You will get the "racing experience" no matter what class you enter, and as long as you are honest with yourself about your skill level when selecting a class, you can be satisfied with where you place.

QuadJunkies
10-13-2006, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by F-16Guy
I've only raced two rounds this year because of work, a new baby, moving to Utah, ect., but here's my $0.02: I've never raced prior to this year, but I've ridden aggressively pretty much all of my life. I wasn't sure what class to race either, but I knew I was good enough for at least the B class, so that's what I entered (considering I'd be riding one of the slowest bikes in the class, the old 400ex). I did well - 3rd in Phoenix and 2nd in Havasu - but there were plenty of riders on the track that were faster than me. One observation I made was that there is a HUGE span of skill levels in the B and A classes, and probably because you have the sandbaggers, the guys who want to go faster, and everyone in between. I'll most likely sign up for Production A next year, just so I have a chance to race Pro-Am, but no matter what class you enter, there will be a wide spectrum of competition on the course at any given moment. You will get the "racing experience" no matter what class you enter, and as long as you are honest with yourself about your skill level when selecting a class, you can be satisfied with where you place.

My Husband had to move up to Prod A this past year and WOW.. he was sure dissapointed. He ran well in 30+B class but could not even come close to hanging in Prod. A Class.He doesnt race enough anymore to have endurance and its amazing how fast you can lose it if you dont train all year long...he is one of those riders that are"trapped" in between classes right now,hopefully he will fit in better next season
He still had fun,hes doing a little training so maybe he wont be so out of shape this year.Like mentioned once before, Last year he had a crap quad, great endurance,this year he has awesome quad, crap endurance. :p

There some fast riders in WORCS,alot of which have had alot of expirence in the series. I remember the 1st WORCS race we went to was in 2003 in Cali. and to see some of the riders now
and how fast they have become:macho
This is an AWESOME series to be a part of :)

QuadJunkies
10-22-2006, 03:36 PM
Im absolutely DYIN to hear how this wk end went...!!!
what was it like racing with the bikes on there own course?
I want to hear all the details!
Cant wait for some Coverage!:macho