PDA

View Full Version : When will the aftermarket companies respond to the LT450R?

Iliketogofast
08-07-2006, 11:35 AM
I had my first in person experience with the new Suzuki yesterday at the Badlands. We drag raced 2 times on pavement, with him blowing by me right when he hits midrange and then not progressing when he gets to top range.

It seems like the mid power of these bikes are the focusing point, as I completely took him until I was in 3rd gear, when he passed me. The top end power is the same as well as the top speed to my bike, because once he got past me he stayed in the same spot. The bike had only one modification, the cherry bomb, so I considered it stock since the cherry bombed LTR is the LTR in it's true form.

In the drag with him there were also two other quads: a Pipe/filter/jetted YFZ and an HRC 450R. Me and the LTR completely blew these two away.

When do you think that Honda and Yamaha will upgrade their quads to compete with the Suzuki? Will they do it at all?

Scro
08-07-2006, 11:41 AM
I don't think there is any stepping up needing to be done by Honda or Yamaha. All three bikes are so close in performence, that it will most likely come down to rider ability. Which was probably the case with the YFZ and TRX you raced.

Pappy
08-07-2006, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by bama450r
I don't think there is any stepping up needing to be done by Honda or Yamaha. All three bikes are so close in performence, that it will most likely come down to rider ability. Which was probably the case with the YFZ and TRX you raced.

You set off the common sense alarm...lmao

Scro
08-07-2006, 11:58 AM
I guess it's always good to point out the obvious:p

87250rxrider
08-07-2006, 12:00 PM
i've seen many LTR's race against the honda 450's and yfz's on an MX track. they are all very equal on the track, coming down to rider ability. i have noticed that the honda 450 tends to have the best low end acceleration though. almost everytime its always the honda 450's first of the line and into the first corner.

jrspawn
08-07-2006, 12:24 PM
MY brother in law has the ltr450, with about everything you can think done to it, all the yoshi PIM stuff with tuning, dasa pipe, believe the higher comp piston, and i can honestly say its the fastest quad ive ever ridden, and ive owned/ridden about everything under the moon:D However, the ltr did not fit me at all, i only made it around the track about 3/4 of a lap and had to switch back to one of my quads. The brakes felt Very strong, engine fast as hell, the fox shocks are... pretty neat, they are a different feel, i would say after getting used to them they are Very nice.

Justin

Phills450r
08-07-2006, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Iliketogofast
I had my first in person experience with the new Suzuki yesterday at the Badlands. We drag raced 2 times on pavement, with him blowing by me right when he hits midrange and then not progressing when he gets to top range.

It seems like the mid power of these bikes are the focusing point, as I completely took him until I was in 3rd gear, when he passed me. The top end power is the same as well as the top speed to my bike, because once he got past me he stayed in the same spot. The bike had only one modification, the cherry bomb, so I considered it stock since the cherry bombed LTR is the LTR in it's true form.

In the drag with him there were also two other quads: a Pipe/filter/jetted YFZ and an HRC 450R. Me and the LTR completely blew these two away.

When do you think that Honda and Yamaha will upgrade their quads to compete with the Suzuki? Will they do it at all?

what are you talking about the only way honda is behind is with their suspension.. its horrible but after that its defantly right with the ltr.. jjs450r has outran every race on his 450 on the holeshot.. beating ltrs and yamahas (including donny millard on his yamaha450) i dont really get why everyone says the ltr is so much better.. its pretty much all rider because they are just so close