PDA

View Full Version : G-Force Axle = Junk?

Iliketogofast
08-07-2006, 10:42 AM
Against my advice, my Raptor buddy got a G-Force axle for his Rap. He hasn't had any trouble with it until now; it is wobbling bad.

He let someone take it off the 40 foot double we made last week, and the guy landed in the middle on flat ground, with the front end in the air. He came out on 4 wheels but the rear end took all the impact. Even though he only got about 6 feet of air, I'm pretty sure that's what bent it.

Now I'm just wondering if the warranty mentioned in the catalog covers this... does anyone know?

Pappy
08-07-2006, 10:50 AM
call the manufacture and see what they say.

EXevan91
08-07-2006, 12:29 PM
they will...they should...they better!!!

z40021
08-09-2006, 05:33 PM
You should post up if they take care of it for him because im thinking of getting one and wonder if they will acually stand behind cause I heard some bad stuff about them and their warenty.

Over-land 450r
08-09-2006, 10:12 PM
i dont think thats wat happend.

They will take care of it.

i beat the piss out of mine and it holds up great.

omega27
08-09-2006, 10:16 PM
I am almost sure that Durablue replaces axles if they are bent but i am not sure on G-Force. If they dont replace it I'd call the dude who jumped it and have him replace it.

Happy Riding!

PismoLocal
08-09-2006, 10:20 PM
I've had mine for 18 months and no problems, as far as the warranty just tell em what happened and see what they say. I think you will have to wait a while to get a new one though because I think rocky mountain is the only company that sells em and they are on back order right now.

400exrider707
08-10-2006, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by omega27
I am almost sure that Durablue replaces axles if they are bent but i am not sure on G-Force. If they dont replace it I'd call the dude who jumped it and have him replace it.

Happy Riding!

You got that backwards. The cheapy durablue only comes with a 6 month warranty. The more expensive durablues have the lifetime. Also the g-force has a lifetime warranty, call em up, send it back and your new one is on the way.

ShiftFMX
08-10-2006, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
You got that backwards. The cheapy durablue only comes with a 6 month warranty. The more expensive durablues have the lifetime. Also the g-force has a lifetime warranty, call em up, send it back and your new one is on the way.

They wont give him a new one, they will bend his oly one back.

He shoulda Bought a LSR!! :devil:

Iliketogofast
08-10-2006, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by ShiftFMX

Don't tell me, tell him! I told him the same thing and he doesn't listen to a damned thing I say!

Seriously, I'm his mechanic so I always get stuck working on that POS (I HAAAATEEE working on Yamahas with a passion) and he won't even buy the parts I tell him to. He also bought the Tusk Clutches which are already burning out. I begged him not to... He has hi compression piston, stage 2 cam, ect. and he thinks the damned Tusk clutches will hold up. WTF?

400exrider707
08-10-2006, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by ShiftFMX
They wont give him a new one, they will bend his oly one back.

Depends how severe it is. They will inspect it, either bend it back or send a new one out. LSR does the same thing too, they will bend theirs back too if they're not that bad.

z40021
08-10-2006, 11:58 AM
RPM dominators are better than LSR.

Over-land 450r
08-10-2006, 12:06 PM
RPM dominators are better than LSR...........

That was a waiste of a post.

no matter wat u will get a straight axle back quickly.

z40021
08-10-2006, 05:03 PM
Hows it a wast of a post, their isnt a limit on posts. So nothing is a waste.

cchrider
08-10-2006, 11:57 PM
My friend had the G Force axle on his bike and I think it is a great axle. Has held up great. And they should stand behind and warrenty his axle for him.

molonyyfz28
08-11-2006, 12:22 AM
all g force axles come with a life time warrenty no matter what as far as i know, and in my opinion i dont like g force, i have one on my 06 yfz and had one on my brother 06 yfz, my axle nut loosens up terribly after every ride, and my brothers snaped into to pieces :mad: i personally like the lonestar axecaliber

rooster300ex
08-13-2006, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by molonyyfz28
all g force axles come with a life time warrenty no matter what as far as i know, and in my opinion i dont like g force, i have one on my 06 yfz and had one on my brother 06 yfz, my axle nut loosens up terribly after every ride, and my brothers snaped into to pieces :mad: i personally like the lonestar axecaliber

Use some low strength lock-tite on that axle nut.

rooster300ex
08-13-2006, 02:15 PM
All axles bend or break at some point. I haven't had any problem with mine. To keep the lock-nuts tight put the bigger spacer on first then the smaller one then some low strength lock-tite then lock nut & cotter pin. For some reason they stay a whole lot tighter this way, and its not that much narrower.

motomanmike
08-14-2006, 09:35 PM
I have purchased a g force axle myself. I bent it off of about a 45-50 foot double i over shot and they straightened it no questions asked. I think the last guy was talking about the hub nuts but hit them with an impact and your golden. As for the lock nuts i am highly disappointed with them. They do come loose easily and when they do and you shoot a turn hard it slams the axle tight and cracks the lock nut. I had a friend weld this last one up a little thicker with the heli arc and it BARELY fit back on its such a close tolerance between the getting the clip on and expanding the lock nut i shouldn't have too much problem even it does come loose. I will keep you posted i am practicing at the track this sunday and hopefully racing the following sunday. I'll let you know how it holds up.