PDA

View Full Version : Problem with the Site

Toadz400
08-07-2006, 09:45 AM
About a week ago I was bored and was changing some stuff in my UserCP when I noticed that I had my old e-mail address still in there. So I figured I'd update it in case anyone ever tried e-mail me through this site. I also made sure that the "Use 'Email Notification' by default?" box was clicked "No".

Then I started receiving e-mails from the site about replies to the threads I was subscribed to, which shouldn't be happening because I clicked "No" for that option. I went back to double check and it was still "No", so I don't see why I'm receiving e-mails everytime someone replies to a topic I've posted in. It's starting to get real annoying because I'll come home and have a bunch of e-mails from the site, which I don't want to be receiving. Is there any way to stop this?

bwamos
08-07-2006, 10:20 AM
You are still going to receive e-mails on your older posts because they all have the "email notification" box checked.

You shouldn't receive the notification on newer threads/posts.

It should clear up on its own after some time when people stop responding the the old threads.

shftmx300ex
08-07-2006, 03:28 PM
sonomas arent slow..:( :(

Toadz400
08-08-2006, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by shftmx300ex
sonomas arent slow..:( :(

Yes, yes they are. At least when they have a 4 cylinder:rolleyes: .

bwamos - Oh okay, that makes sense. I don't believe I've received notifications of replies to any new ones...although people keep replying to the ones that were originally checked to receive e-mail. Guess I'll have to deal with it until the threads die.

Guy400
08-09-2006, 08:05 AM
On each email notification is a link towards the bottom to either unsubscribe to that thread or another link to unsubscribe to ALL threads.